Unique Ice Cream Float Recipes - Make an Ice Cream Float With Coke!
Really great ice cream float recipes for you to try!
With summer upon us, it's time to indulge in one of the best summer treats - ice cream floats! This article will cover a few different combinations for ice cream floats. Think the only ice cream float available is root beer and ice cream? Think again! Make sure to share your favorite ice cream float ideas and recipes in the comments box below.
Rum & Coke Ice Cream Float
The idea came to me the other evening when I found myself staring at an old container of Rum Raisin Ice Cream in my freezer...I love Rum and Diet Coke, so why not make it into a delicious dessert?
You will need:
- 1 can of Diet Coke
- Two Scoops of Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- A splash of Captain Morgan's. (Optional)
You could also make this with just the rum raisin ice cream, although I'm not sure if you'd be able to really taste the run.
Variations : You can obviously use regular Coca-Cola and if you don't have rum raisin Ice cream, use vanilla and use a shot of rum or you can even use artificial rum flavoring in this yummy recipe.
Diet Cherry Coke Ice Cream Float
This is one of my favorite recipes for an ice cream float that I make. I'm a major fan of Cherry Diet Coke, so to come up with this recipe was a no-brainer- it's so delicious!:
- 1 can of Diet Cherry Coke
- Two Scoops of Cherry Maraschino Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- 1 or 2 Marachino Cherries with the stem for decoration!
Variations : You can obviously use regular Coca-Cola or regular Diet Coke. Sometimes the cherry flavor can be difficult to find (much to my dismay!) This float looks adorable served with a little bit of whipped cream or non-dairy topping and a cherry on top!
Guinness Beer Ice Cream Float
I have never tried this ice cream float recipe, but I've heard a few friends say that it is awesome (if you like Guinness Stout, of course!)
- 8 ounces of Guinness Stout
- Two Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
I couldn't stand this, but apparently it is really good...let me know if you try it. :)
Ice Cream Float Tips
- The soda will fizz way too much if you pour it over the ice cream. The secret is filling the glass about 1/2 full (or half empty, dependant upon how you look at it) and then putting in the scoops of ice cream. If you put in the ice cream first, it will create so much fizz that you'll barely be able to get any soda into the glass.
- Substitute regular ice cream in these recipes for non-fat ice cream or even frozen yogurt. I've also used Soy Vanilla Ice Cream before (I love Soy Ice Cream!)
- Play around with different flavor combinations....Orange Soda would be very delicious with vanilla ice cream...sort of like a drinkable Creamsicle!
- Another yummy idea is Sarsparilla (or Root Beer if Sarsparilla is not available; it's hard to find) and mix that with a scoop or two of frozen custard. I had this once at a state fair and it was delicious.
What are your favorite Ice Cream Float Recipes?
More by this Author
I am a huge frozen dinner fan. Would I prefer to eat them opposed to normal, freshly cooked meals? No, way. However, they are wonderful if you are in a pinch and there are some pretty healthy options out there. Frozen...
Within 45 minutes, you could be eating delicious and easy to make cream puffs! This recipe is super easy, super quick (just 30 minutes required to bake and just 10-15 to preparation time). Dazzle your dinner guests or...
Find out the basics of weight loss.