Easy Pasta Salad Recipe with Sundried Tomatoes and Basil
Great Pasta Salad Recipe
I make this salad almost every week with the confidence that I am feeding my family a healthy easy recipe they love. You can alter it however you want. Just use any vegetable or cheese in your fridge your family enjoys.
1. Boil one box whole wheat or vegetable pasta according to package directions.
2. Cut up tomatoes, fresh basil or dried if fresh is not available and black olives.
3. If you can find sundried tomatoes in olive oil, cut tomatoes into small bite size pieces.
4. If you can't find sundried tomatoes in oil cut up packaged tomatoes and add extra virgin olive oil to taste about 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Be sure to add some olive oil from tomatoes if available.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, garlic, chives, and any other spices you like. Toss and chill.
Sometimes I will add cut up spinach leaves, cheese, fresh salad tomatoes and other condiments to taste. Enjoy. This salad will taste even better day 2 and 3!!!! You might like to sprinkle with roasted pine nuts or even almonds.
Carrots are A Strong Supplier of Vitamin C and A to our diet
Pasta salads are one of the easiest and great summer food. If you use whole wheat pasta you have an added health benefit. You can be very creative with your salad and if you are blessed with young children may want to add just a little butter and salt and you have a healthy starch for their meal.
it is also easy to make an entire meal from this recipe by adding cut up fish or chicken. Garbanzo beans are also a great addition that will add more protein.
Teaching Children to cook
It is important of children to learn responsibility and this is a great recipe for them to help mom with. These skills they can take with them into their adult life. They must be taught early to instill a strong since of responsibility.
There are many foods children can help with safely and this is just one they can start to learn cooking skill with.
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
A great summer salad with veggies from your garden!
- My Mother's Cooking - Pasta Salad with Salmon
Another of my mother's meatless meals consisted of shell noodles or elbow macaroni with canned salmon and green peas bound together with mayonnaise or salad dressing. To add even more color and complexity, you can add cherry tomatoes and sliced black
- Cold Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe With Tomatoes and Feta ...
This recipe for cold orzo pasta salad with tomatoes and feta cheese is easy, healthy, and perfect for summer. It includes a side dish recipe for seasonal sauteed vegetables.
- Shrimp and Pasta Salad
I get compliments galore when I serve this wonderful pasta dish. Try it and see for yourself.
- Recipe for Seafood Pasta Salad
Seafood Pasta Salad is an excellent main dish for summertime. It is easy and fun to create. You can use your own creative mixture to make this salad turn out to your exact tastes.
Making Sun Dried Tomatoes At Home
More by this Author
This is a recipe I found one morning On the New York Times. Easy and fun to make. It is hands down the easiest and best hard crust bread I have ever made.
- 0What is Foods Should be Buying Organic. The Dirty Dozen. Clean Your Fruits & Vegetables With Easy Homemade Recipe.
What are the dirtiest foods you can eat. Find out what to eat oraganic and what you can buy and wash well. Homemade cleaner included.Why farm raised fish may be bad.
My surprise experience with the birth of our twins. What the pregnancy was like, why no one knew we were having twins, the delivery and after.