Vertical Swiss Roll / Roulade Recipe
Vertical Swiss Roll?
What is a vertical Swiss roll? A Swiss roll cake is a sponge cake that is rolled up with a delicious filling of your choice. It lay flat on it side and is similar in appearance to a log. However, though a vertical Swiss roll cake is much the same, it would stand upright, appearing much like a regular cake expect the layers would stand vertically. This unique creation is a wonderful way to impress guests for a party or celebration. It is fun and relatively simple to make, but is a definite treat to enjoy.
- A flat sheet sponge cake, (one made for a Swiss roll)
- A filling of your choice, Preferably cream and fruit
- Extra cream and fruit, For the outside
- Cut the sponge cake lengthwise into three equal pieces.
- Spread the fruit and cream (or whatever filling you choose to use) evenly on each of the cake pieces, leaving room at the ends of the cake.
- Roll one of the pieces of cake up in the same way you would for a Swiss roll then set it in the center of a plate on it's bottom.
- Carefully wrap the second piece of cake around the first, starting where the first piece of cake ends. Repeat with the third piece.
- Cover the cake with the fruit and cream and set in the fridge for a while.
- Cut into the cake and serve !
No comments yet.