Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup Recipe (Sup Mang Tay Cua). How to Make Asian Asparagus Crab Soup !
Here is very light and clean asparagus soup to celebrate spring. Simple and thin without any cream or milk, but using chicken broth and fresh crabmeat to get extra hints of sweetness. This soup is weight watcher friendly, yet very delicious. With minimal seasoning, you can really taste subtle flavor of asparagus and delicate of crabmeat.
In Vietnam, asparagus known and consider as a fancy canned vegetable. Sup mang tay (Vietnamese asparagus crab soup) commonly serve during special-occasion celebration such as wedding and birthday party. This easy peasy soup is loaded with asparagus and crab. Great for any occasion especially dinner banquet. Enjoy with Chinese black vinegar or or chili sauce is a good pairing.
What You Need
1 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup crabmeat
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/4 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable oil
7 cup chicken broth
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
ground black pepper to taste
2-3 scallions, chopped
Chinese black vinegar (optional)
How to Fix
- In a small wok or frying pan, heat the oil and stir-fry onion until soft and fragrant. Then add crabmeat. Stir-fry about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a stock pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in crabmeat, oil, salt and sugar. Turn the heat into low and skim floating foam until clear.
- In a small bow, mix cornstarch with water. Then pour starch mixture into the broth. Add in asparagus. Last, add beaten egg to the soup and sprinkle some black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Turn off the heat. Serve the soup in small bowls. Sprinkle some chopped scallions.
How to Pick Asparagus
Need More Vietnamese Recipes ?
- Vietnamese Jicama and Chinese Sausage Spring Rolls Recipe (Bo Bia)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe (Cha Gio)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Beef Stew Recipe (Bo Kho)
- Vietnamese Mung Bean Sticky Rice (Xoi Vo) Recipe
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga)
- Vietnamese Braised Chicken with Ginger Recipe (Ga Kho Gung)
- Vietnamese Baked Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wing Recipe (Canh Ga Nuong Tuong)
- Easy Homemade Vietnamese Chicken Stock Recipe(Nuoc Dung Ga)
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
More by this Author
How to make Vietnamese style Chinese BBQ pork. Free of coloring BBQ pork.
How to prepare Vietnamese chicken noodle (pho ga) at home. It's not as difficult as you think.
Craving for delicious fried chicken wings ?. Here is the most easy to fix Chinese style deep fried chicken wings. Every body will just love it and craving for more.