Vietnamese Baked Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wing Recipe (Canh Ga Nuong Tuong)
Canh Ga Nuong Tuong
Chicken wing make great finger food for movie nights, picnic, potluck or parties. There are countless way to prepare chicken wing. I think the most famous one is coated them some sauce either sweet or spicy one. Chicken wing itself without coating sauce can be simply boring and tasteless. Tired of your regular buffalo chicken wing ?. Try something new such as Vietnamese style hoisin glazed chicken wings. I love this simple and tasty baked chicken wing. Hoisin sauce gives savory taste, a little bit of hint of sweetness from honey and some aromatic from ginger, scallion and garlic yet black pepper generate a little bit kick in your mouth.
Fixing Vietnamese baked hoisin glazed chicken wing is totally easy. The recipe itself simple enough to follow. It could be you just need to get exotic "hoisin" sauce from Asian market. That's all. This sauce is available widely in Asian specialty grocery or even online.
What You Need
15 chicken wings
5 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 1/2 tbsp honey
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 tsp black pepper
2 scallion, finely minced
1 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
How to Fix
- In a large mixing bowl, put hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, salt, black pepper, scallion and ginger. Stir to combine the marinade ingredients. Then add chicken wings. Marinate chicken wings overnight in this marinade mixture.
- Place chicken wings on baking sheet. Bake them in 350 F oven. Occasionally brush chicken wings with marinade. It will take about 30 minutes to cook. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, turn oven intro broil. Broil chicken wings to get nice char. Turning 1 or 2 times to avoid burning.
- Serve chicken wings hot or even at room temperature.
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wings
How to Make Your Own Hoisin Sauce
How to Cut Chicken Wings
More Asian Recipes
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Indonesian Pangsit Goreng - Fried Wonton Recipe. How to Make Indonesian Style Fried Wonton!
- Vietnamese Chicken with Cellophane Noodle Soup Recipe (Mien Ga)
- Easy Pisang Bakar - Indonesian Grilled Banana Sundae Recipe. How to Make Simple Grilled Banana!
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Easy Japanese Stuffed Mushroom (Shiitake Nikozume) Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Vietnamese Mung Bean Sticky Rice (Xoi Vo) Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy
More by this Author
How to make exotic fragrant grilled chicken.
How to make sticky rice for breakfast or snack.
Baked BBQ Pork Bun Jason Lam If you are familiar with dim sum, you may know how delicious Chinese pork buns are. Pork buns can be steamed or baked. Char siu bao is steamed bun with bbq pork filling. The baked version...