Vietnamese Cashew Chicken (Ga Xao Hot Dieu) Recipe
Ga Xao Hot Dieu
Cashew chicken is a popular dish in Asian countries such as China, Thai, Vietnam and India. It could be this chicken dish was invented in China and brought to other countries by Chinese immigrants. One of the most famous cashew chicken is from Springfield, Missouri. I believe that you have seen this deep fried chicken coated with Asian style gravy on the menu of Chinese restaurant around the USA. Yes, they are really good but I prefer lighter version. I like stir-fried version which is lower in fat and sodium.
Here is very easy and quick to make Vietnamese style chicken with cashew. What you need is chicken and cashew nut with little bit seasoning. Loaded with tender chicken morsels and counterbalanced with crunchiness and nutty flavor of cashew nut, Vietnamese cashew chicken is rich and savory. Enjoy with warm steamed rice.
What You Need
1 lbs chicken breast (boneless) , diced (1-inch pieces)
2 cup diced bell pepper (red and green)
2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 cup lightly toasted cashew
2 spring onions, chopped
1 carrot, thinly sliced
How to Fix
- In a bowl, place chicken, cornstarch, pepper, salt, sugar and oyster sauce. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable in a wok or sauté pan. Add garlic and onion. Stir-fry until soft and fragrant. Then stir in chicken, carrot. Continue to cook until the chicken is lightly brown and carrot is soft but not over cooked. Add bell pepper. Stir-fry this mixture about two minutes.
- Then pour in the remaining oyster sauce, cashew and spring onions. Cook quickly to coat ingredients. Transfer immediately from the heat to serving plate.
Need More Vietnamese Recipes ?
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Ground Beef Satay Recipe (Bo Nuong Xa). How to Make Tasty Vietnamese Style Sat
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Satay Recipe (Thit Bo Nuong Xa)
- Easy and Healthy Vietnamese Papaya Salad Recipe (Goi Du Du)
- Vietnamese Shrimp Fried Rice (Com Chien Tom) Recipe
- Vietnamese Mung Bean Sticky Rice (Xoi Vo) Recipe
- Vietnamese Baked Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wing Recipe (Canh Ga Nuong Tuong)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga)
- Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup Recipe (Sup Mang Tay Cua). How to Make Asian Asparagus Crab Soup !
- Vietnamese Meatballs (Xiu Mai) Recipe
More by this Author
How to prepare Vietnamese chicken noodle (pho ga) at home. It's not as difficult as you think.
How to make Vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) at home. A hearty beef dish.
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...