Vietnamese Grilled Lime Chicken (Ga Nuong Chanh) Recipe. How To Make Grilled Chicken On Skewers!
Ga Nuong Chanh
Ga Nuong Chanh is Vietnamese grilled lime chicken. This chicken dish is tender, sweet and fragrant with kaffir lime leaves. It could be made of any part of chicken, but chicken thigh is the best since yield sweeter, juicy and moist meat.
This grilled chicken is also very easy to fix. The important ingredient is kaffir lime leaves. Although it's not widely available in the grocery but you can get it at Asian grocery such as Thai or sometimes Chinese. Even you can get it online. This sweet and tangy lime chicken is also very eye pleasing. They are great for any occasion but especially if you host a party. Grill the chicken on the skewer over a charcoal grill to get a true smoky flavor.
What You Need
1 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or diced
3 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves
1/3 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tbsp sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp oil
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
10 - 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 20 minutes
How to Fix
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, oil, spring onions, lime juice, fish sauce, oyster sauce, honey and kaffir lime leaves. Marinate this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high. I prefer use traditional charcoal grill to bring more true Asian barbecue flavor. Grill chicken on the grill. Cook about 3 minutes each side or until they are nicely charred and browned. Transfer to platter. Do not overcook.
- You can serve this aromatic lime chicken with rice or rice vermicelli and sweet sour fish sauce. If you like, garnish with some raw salad such as bean sprouts or lettuce.
How to Make Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp chili paste
8 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup warm water
In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients. Make sure that sugar is completely dissolve. Omit chili paste if you do not like it or add more your favorite chili if it is not hot enough.
Need More Vietnamese Recipes ?
- Vietnamese Braised Chicken with Ginger Recipe (Ga Kho Gung)
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Satay Recipe (Thit Bo Nuong Xa)
- Easy Homemade Vietnamese Chicken Stock Recipe(Nuoc Dung Ga)
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Ground Beef Satay Recipe (Bo Nuong Xa). How to Make Tasty Vietnamese Style Sat
- Easy and Healthy Vietnamese Papaya Salad Recipe (Goi Du Du)
- Vietnamese Shrimp Fried Rice (Com Chien Tom) Recipe
- Vietnamese Baked Hoisin Glazed Chicken Wing Recipe (Canh Ga Nuong Tuong)
- Easy and Tasty Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga)
- Vietnamese Mung Bean Sticky Rice (Xoi Vo) Recipe
- Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup Recipe (Sup Mang Tay Cua). How to Make Asian Asparagus Crab Soup !
- Vietnamese Cashew Chicken (Ga Xao Hot Dieu) Recipe
- Vietnamese Meatballs (Xiu Mai) Recipe
More by this Author
How to prepare Vietnamese chicken noodle (pho ga) at home. It's not as difficult as you think.
How to make Vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) at home. A hearty beef dish.
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...
No comments yet.