Vintage Recipe Fruit Cocktail Cookies
Old Fashioned Cookies
I like collecting old cookbooks and I came across this recipe from a 60 year old cookbook. Fruit cocktail is not something I ever thought would make a good cookie. I have had applesauce cake and desserts with dried fruit but never fruit cocktail.
I am just adding this recipe because I think it is interesting, but if you do make the cookies leave a comment telling me what they taste like.
- 16 ounce can fruit cocktail
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Drain fruit cocktail, reserve the syrup.
- Cream margarine, sugars and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then add alternately to creamed mixture with 1/3 cup reserved fruit cocktail syrup (if not enough for 1/3 cup add water)
- Stir in chopped nuts, raisins and fruit cocktail.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
More by this Author
Humor has changed somewhat through the years but funny is still funny. I have been collecting some old jokes from about 1900 and I thought I would share a few. I have only included ones that are actually funny and I...
Large free cross stitch pattern of the painting, Mona Lisa.
Links to dozens of free cross stitch patterns, many based on vintage advertising images, especially fruit crate label designs.