Wedding Cake Ideas
Wedding Cake Chaos
If you are seeking to keep your budget on track but still have a professional bakery's touch for your wedding cake I have a few helpful tips for you.
It can be a nightmare planning your wedding on a budget that is just to small and your time is running out way to fast. Fret not fare lady I have some wedding cake tips that are sure to help save your money and your sanity.
1. Check around on prices for everything. It might surprise that there are so many different price ranges out there you can save as much as a few hundred dollars on your wedding cake just by shopping around. * If you do not have time to do this yourself ask a close friend or relative to help you by listing the name of the bakery and the basic price per serving. Most places have a basic pricing for a good idea of price per serving costs.
2. Try mixing things up a bit with a gourmet cake for bride and groom to cut and a different cake to serve your guests. You can use an expensive cake for the main photos and a less expensive cake for the guests. For instance discount stores that keep basic cakes on hand can quickly and easily be customized to match your wedding colors without the gourmet pricing. Many times if you ask at the bakery for a special color they will be more than happy to help you. They can customize birthday cakes as well as any other cake you buy to fit your color scheme. Though they may not offer as many choices as a specialty store that specifically makes wedding cakes they do have basic color options that can fit most color schemes. Many people do not think of a local shopping center for a wedding cake but it can be a much less expensive alternative if your budget is small.
3. Cupcakes are all the rage for wedding guests. At discount stores cupcakes will run $5.00 for 10 cup cakes; yes that makes it .50 cents per serving you won't find cheaper cake than that unless you make it yourself. Cupcakes can be dressed up fairly inexpensively with edible
glitter, edible flowers, edible shapes, edible butterflies or even edible pearls etc. You can use decorations on just a few cupcakes if your budget is small or spurge and decorate them all. You can use silk flowers and ribbon at the base to dress the display up as well it might surprise you what people are doing with cupcakes at their wedding. Not to mention there is no need for a cake server to be present. No cake to cut and no plates to buy for servings just provide your guests with a napkin. Guests love the ease of use idea of the cup cake because it comes in it's very own serving wrapper that can be easily discarded. The perfect fast easy to serve affordable food. The cup cake has made it's mark on the wedding menu and the cup cake is definitely here to stay.
4. Another great idea is to make your own wedding cake. There are a lot of classes you can take on wedding cake designs. There are so many ideas and great tips online as well. Take a look around at a few of the links and videos for more wedding cake ideas.
5. Adding small touches to your cake can make a big difference. For next to no money you can add a few flowers or ribbon to your cake around the edges or a small bouquet of flowers to add special color touches. Just one flower at the base, one in the middle and one at the top can make a beautiful cake but keep it very affordable. Using a pair of tin snips cut the stem short enough that you can stick the single flower head into the cake side. You can also cluster flowers of two or three on one side for a beautiful custom look. A cheaper cake doesn't have to look cheap. There are so many ways to make a cake more affordable yet elegant. You can even buy edible flowers that you can match to your wedding colors making it look like an expensive gourmet cake when you have spent pennies per serving.
6. Adding a special cake stand can make a very small cake set up transform into a glorious cake affair. For instance if your cake is round make a round cake stand out of cake separators and stack them up with plastic champagne glasses or ice cream cups in your wedding colors then hot glue them together. * If your cake is square make it square you can use plastic square plates and champagne glasses or even colored margarita glasses all in wedding colors. Here I have used small ice cream cups because I will be using this stand for cup cakes. Add a few flowers or mini bouquets and you have a beautiful cake table.
7. Think about using your flowers in two places instead of one. For instance using your bouquets on the tables after the wedding ceremony will not only give the bridesmaids some place to put their bouquets it will serve as double duty for the table decorations as well. The brides bouquet can have a special place by the guest book or even by the main cake table.
8. Ask around you never know when a friend or family member may have a special talent you know nothing about. You could have a friend at church or even at the PTA meeting that makes cakes or wedding flowers on the side for a really great price. Some of the biggest talents are hidden in the most unlikely places unless we ask around we may never know.
9. Make sure you ask the bakery what cake prices and options they have you never know you might be able to get a good deal on a smaller cake of a different type than what you planned but you could save money in the process.
10. Think about your guest and what you could serve besides cake that might be easier on your wallet like chocolate covered pretzels. White chocolate can be died a different color to match wedding colors. Also coconut can be dyed a contrasting wedding color and sprinkled on the pretzels for a wonderful gourmet look. You can make chocolate covered peanut putter ball (make sure you let guests know it contains peanuts in case of allergy) A cake table doesn't have to just be cake you can mix in smaller more affordable items to help stretch your budget and still have a beautiful table for your guests. Good luck and I hope your special day is beautiful, affordable and most of all your dream day come true.
Imagine Cake or Cupcakes on beautiful Servers
Wedding Cake Ideas
- Wedding Cakes
The ceremony is over, fun has been had, drinks have been drunk, and now it is time to cut the cake. Finding the perfect cake for this special time can more challenging than originally thought. Use these tips...
- Wedding Cake Decorating Tips
Ever wondered what the ultimate cake decorating project is for baking hobbyists and professionals? Actually, its creating and designing a tiered wedding cake and/or anniversary cake. Creating a cake for...
- Wedding Cake - Wedding Cake Decoration - Wedding Cakes
Wedding Cake - Find pictures of wedding cakes at WeddingChannel.com. Browse through of gallery of square wedding cakes, round wedding cakes, unique wedding cakes and more.
- Wedding Cake Ideas
SuperWeddings.com Wedding Cake Idea Gallery. Browse through gorgeous pictures of exquisitely designed wedding cakes by some of the most talented wedding cake designers in the field.
DYI Wedding Cake
More by this Author
Although gardening is only one of My Passions. It is up in the top categories. I have many hobbies, I also love companion planting. I love to take a bare area in my yard and make it beautiful or more interesting....
If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
Staph Infection left unchecked can be very Serious and even fatal. Here are a few tips on how to care for a staph infection and a brief explanation of what staph is