Weekday Meals That Save You Money and Time: Dallas Beans
Don't eat out
There's no need to eat out after a long day at work. Pull out your trusty crock pot, throw in a few ingredients and dinner will be ready by the time you get home in the evening. This recipe for Dallas Beans is a family favorite. Try it tonight. Or, try another family favorite, Chicken Curry.
- 1 3.5 pound Boston Butt pork roast
- 2 cups dried pinto beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 8-oz. jar picante sauce, medium or hot
- 4-1/2 cups water
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low 12-16 hours or on high 6-8 hours or until the beans are cooked.
- Pull out the roast and remove the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and any fat.
- Serve the meat and beans over hot cooked rice. Or, shred the meat, return it to the crockpot with the beans and serve in tortillas. This freezes well.
With so many options for quick and easy meals, there's no reason to spend time and money eating out.
More by this Author
Using the right marketing tools and strategies can boost your CSAs presence, bringing in new members and reinvigorating returning members.
Special occasions call for special cakes. This is a 3-layer white cake with chopped pecans and coconut flakes covered with cream cheese frosting. It's sure to please everyone!
Red Rose Tea has a rich and mellow flavor that is great hot or cold. The 100-plus old company includes a Wade figurine premium in each box of tea.