Western Burgers (Sloppy Joe) Quick 30 minutes - Summer meals on the go. Great for picnics and outdoor sports events.
Western Burger Ingredient PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Hamburger, optional- Ground Turkey
- 1 can Chicken Gumbo Soup
- 1 small Onion, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Ketchup, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Mustard, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pkg Hamburger buns
Cooking instructions for Western Burgers
- Brown the ground beef (hamburger meat).
- Drain excesses fat
- Add chopped onion, chicken gumbo soup, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper
- Continue cooking on med heat until onions are translucent, for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of mixture on hamburger bun.
- Wrap each burger in in aluminum foil.
- You can place them in the oven on warm setting until ready to serve. Or pack in a cooler to take with you on the family picnic.
- Tip: I like to substitute mustard for either coarse mustard or horseradish mustard for an extra kick.
Western Burgers (Sloppy Joe)
Here is one of my favorite recipes created by Barbara Izetta Thompson, my mother-in law shared with me years ago.
A great fast recipe that everyone can enjoy. I like to make this when we are going to the lake, picnicking or just hanging out at a softball game.
You can spice this recipe up by adding your favorite ingredients.
A-1 Steak Sauce
Fresh Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
Fresh Chopped Poblano Peppers
If serving a large crowd just double the recipe.
This is great picnic food for any outdoor events. Pop open the Ice chest grab a Western burger and your favorite beverage. Summer food at its best.
Rate this Western Burger (Sloppy Joe) Recipe
Critique this recipe
What did you like most about the Western Burgers?See results without voting
More by this Author
Avery Ranch Main Amenities and MAC Pool Center located in Avery Ranch, Cedar Park Texas. Park location and information, photos and video, tennis courts, Volleyball Courts, Playgrounds, Bike & Hike
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes
No comments yet.