What is for Dinner? Conversation Starters for Family Mealtimes
I believe that family time around the dinner table is frequently lacking in opportunities to get a chance to actually know your family. What’s For Dinner will be a mini series of tips and really great family recipes.
For openers, pick one question a day for the next thirty days and consider it a whole family time self improvement opportunity..After you endure an "OH Man!" and a "Uh oh, I see what is happening here!" don't let it bother you and move on to the next question for the next day. Seriously. It can and will make a difference!
1) What would be your ideal vacation?
2) Which historical sporting event would you like to witness?
3) What would you try if you had no fear?
4) What’s your favorite book and movie?
5) If you could predict the future, what on equestion would you want to know first?
6) Tell us about one thing you started today, and on ething you finished. Is faster always better?
7) What does it mean to be a patriot?
8) What would you most change about yourself
9) How can you help people in your work or school?
10) Tell a favorite memory from a wedding
11) What was the funniest thing that happened to you todayu?
12) What makes your generatroin unique?
13) What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving Dinner? Do you have any traditions?
14) What was your favorite childhood meal?
15) If you were given money to remodel your house, what would you change first?
16) If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would you do with your life?
17) Would you rather meet your great, great grandparents or your great great grandchildren?
18) In what era would you most like to have grown up?
19) What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
20) If you could rename yourself what name would you choose?
21) If you got a tattoo, what would you get and where would you put it?
22) If you only have 5 more years to live would you change anything about your life?
23) If you could have any view from your back porch, what would it be?
24) If you could be a famous athlete for a single game, who would you be?
25) What event in the past, present or future would you like to witness in person?
26) What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received and ever given?
27) Work up a family plan for evacuation of your home in case of fire.
28) Work up a Hurricane plan in case communications are down.
29) What is/was your nickname?
30) What would you like to be called as a nickname?
Nine more bonus questions… you know…just in case you double up and need an extra question.
31) Tell one good thing that someone said about you today. If you can’t think about anything, what did they miss?
32) If you gave $1,000 away, who would you give it to and why?
33) What is one new thing you would like to try?
34) What would your pet say if they could talk?
35) What is the best gift you have ever given someone?
36) If you could play a professional sport, what would it be?
37) If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
38) Where did you get this recipe?
39) Have we had this recipe before, and did I like it?
More by this Author
Networking. This will either sound exciting to you or send a shudder up your spine. Whether you are a spouse wondering what in the world you are going to talk about at the next office get together outside of business or...