What to do with Kale? How about a nice Kale and Mango Salad!
Kale and Mango Salad
Other unique salads to try...
Kale and Mango Salad
This is a great salad for a hot summer day. It's full of unexpected flavors, it's light, and it's ultra refreshing.
A lot of times Kale is a vegetable that many do not know what to do with. Surprise and delight your guests with this interesting salad.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, squeezed for the juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper, does not need to be exactly a tbsp.
- Wash the bunch of Kale well. Once it's washed, tear or cut it into small bite size pieces. Place the Kale into a large salad bowl.
- Wash the lemon and slice it into halves. Squeeze one half of the lemon juice over the Kale, drizzle a little oil and a dash of salt. Then toss by hand as well as possible, about 3-5 minutes. Until all the Kale seems to be covered evening with the lemon juice. The lemon juice will cause the Kale to wilt ever so slightly.
- Wash and peel your Mango, then dice into small pieces or strips. Add the Mango to the bowl.
- In a separate dish, combine your honey, olive oil, remaining lemon juice and lots of fresh ground pepper. Whisk this well. Once it's well mixed, pour this over the Kale and toss again by hand as best you can. You want to cover all the greens and mango as well as possible.
- If adding sunflower or pumpkin seeds do this now.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other things you can add to really dress up the flavors...
Sliced melon, or pineapple
Chopped and cooked sausage
sliced mandarin oranges
Vegetables, eat up!
- How many different types of fruit and vegetables are...
I bet you'd be shocked at the variety of fruits and vegetables we have to consume on our wonderful planet, read on to see if there are any you didn't know about or have perhaps...forgotten...
More by this Author
The easiest, most delicious crockpot roast you'll ever make.
This recipe is great for family cook-outs and holidays. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious, try it and watch it become your families next favorite redskin potato salad recipe!
Fleas...disgusting, disease ridden, relentless breeding mini vampires. They are miserable to pets & humans. They also have the potential for illness and death. Here's how to destroy them!