White Chocolate and Raspberry Sponge Cake
This is a twist on a classic sponge cake. When cooked slowly the white chocolate melts into the mixture and provides a delicately flavoured sponge. The raspberry flakes add a lovely combination making this sponge very truly delicious.
- 225g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 20g Dried Raspberry Flakes
- 75g White Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4
- Ensure the butter is soft and beat with a wooden spoon or electric whisk in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy
- Gradually add the sugar beating all the time. Continue until the mixture becomes white and fluffy in texture
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with the vanilla extract. Add this slowly to the creamed butter and sugar stirring continuously
- Sift in the flour into the mixture beating continuously. Try to do this as lightly as possible as to not knock the air out of the mixture
- Add the chopped white chocolate and raspberry flakes until thoroughly combined
- Add the mixture to a large greased cake tin (approximately 23 cm) and spread the mixture evenly around the tin
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the sponge is well risen and golden
- Remove from the oven and cool
- When slightly cooled remove from the cake tin and leave to fully cool on a wire rack
- This can either be eaten straight away or decorated appropriately. A good dusting of icing sugar is also acceptable
More Recepie Delights
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
The name is enough to put some people of attempting a ganache. This delicious cake covering is easy to make and has multiple uses. it can be used to cover cakes and fruit or fill cakes and croissants.It can also be used to dip biscuits or sweets...
- Chocolate Banana Loaf
Making this loaf could not be more simple. The butter and sugar can be creamed together using a food processor, after this it is just a case of adding the rest of the ingredients, mixing and baking. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do!...
- Double Chocolate Brownies
These brownies are delicious. I know that there are many, many recipes out there for chocolate brownies. These are easy to make and versatile for different uses. To take them to the next level try covering them in Chocolate Ganache. (linked at the...
- Chocolate Butter Biscuits
These tasty small biscuits can be quite fiddly when first attempted. Once mastered however are delicious, moreish and popular with everyone. Chocolate chips can also be added to make these double chocolate biscuits and even more delicious. If...
- Cherry Bakewell Cup Cakes
These Cup Cakes can be a bit demanding to make, however once mastered they are delicious. They are very popular with friends and family and go very well with a cup of tea. Unsalted Butter,Caster Sugar,Self Raising Flour,Large beaten eggs,baking...
- Sponge Cake. Simple and All in One
This cake could not be simpler and is particularly great for people afraid or new to making sponge cakes. All the ingredients go into the bowl and mixed together, there are no separate steps, it is literally that simple. Two cakes can be made and...
More by this Author
Easy sponge cake, explained simply for a great introduction to baking.
This delicious topping takes cup cakes and sponges to the next level. Simple and easy to make.
These cherry bakewell cup cakes are delicious. They tatse great with a good cup of tea.