Best Bread Pudding Recipes: White Chocolate Or Vanilla Bread Pudding For Two
Variation on Chocolate Bread Pudding
I made the chocolate bread pudding for 2 and changed it a bit from the recipe I found in my Cooking Light Cookbook. Especially nice about this recipe is that you can make it for just 2 people or you can double it or triple it and use a 13 x 9 pan to hold the ramekins while they cook. There are many different ways you can vary this recipe as well.
This recipe is the old fashioned kind that you bake in a water bath but it keeps the pudding moist and delicious so it is worth that little extra step.
Since I am unable to eat chocolate, I needed to come up with a variation for myself so went back to the drawing board. I think this version turned out equally well though my husband's variation is still the chocolate version!
White Chocolate or Vanilla Bread Pudding
- 1-3/4 cups cubed bread (you can use most any kind - I used homemade French)
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla powder or substitute vanilla pudding mix powder
- 1 tablespoon amaretto (or other liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (substitute almond extract if using amaretto)
- 1 large egg lightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce white chocolate chopped or white chocolate chips pulsed in food processor
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On cooking sheet, place the bread cubes in single layer. Then bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the milk, sugar, vanilla powder, amaretto or other liqueur, extract and egg in a bowl or large measuring cup. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add the bread tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Divide half of the bread mixture between two 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the white chocolate.
- Divide the remaining bread mixture between the ramekins.
- Top with the remaining white chocolate.
- Place the ramekins inside an 8-inch square baking pan and add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Use strong coffee and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in place of the amaretto or any other liqueur
- Substitute Grand Marnier and chopped dried apricots for the white chocolate for a very delicious fruity/citrus variation. Sprinkle some dried orange peel on top of the whipped cream for a little added zest
- Use any kind of chocolate and combine with the vanilla powder or vanilla pudding - you will just have more of a vanilla flavor to the bread pudding
- Add chopped walnuts or other nuts to the bread puddings for a slightly different taste
- If using amaretto, using almond extract enhances the flavor of the amaretto
- Substitute fresh slightly poached diced apple chunks for an apple bread pudding and substitute caramel mini-morsels for the chocolate
- Dried blueberries or cranberries also make a delicious bread pudding - just soak them as you would raisins, drain and then add to the recipe instead of chocolate - either caramel morsels or chocolate or vanilla chips or chopped chocolate would be great combined with the berries
- Just about anything you can think of can become a dessert bread pudding - experiment and find what suits your tastes best - also experiment with bread - sweeter or less sweet but do take the time to toast it - it really makes the bread pudding spectacular!
- Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Making bread pudding from scratch is one of the easiest recipes I have ever encountered and one of the best desserts. It is definitely a comfort food and is a great winter or fall dessert that you can keep...
- Breakfast Bread Pudding Recipe
Oh yes - this is a wonderfully put together recipe that you can even assemble the night before and bake in the morning. It is much like French toast but then more like - well, bread pudding! It makes a great...
- Apples And Nuts Bread Pudding
Here's a recipe for a quick and easy to make delicious apples and nuts bread pudding recipe. I keep getting asked for bread pudding recipes and so here is another very delicious bread pudding recipe for...
- Dennys Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding and Sauces
Denny's Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding and Sauces This recipe is not so rich, full of calories or excess sugar so you can savor the chocolate! Easy to mix up by hand. Great for holiday menus or the...
- Delicious Bread Pudding
Here is my Grandmothers delicious apple bread pudding. I have served this all over the United States and everyone loves it. My family has always had bread puddings. I remember my Grandmother making them and...
- Amaretto Bread Pudding Recipe
I've tried a number of bread pudding recipes over the years, and have not found any as delicious as this one from my mother's cookbook. Amaretto bread pudding is a warm, delectable dessert that is equally...
- Low-Fat Banana Bread Pudding Recipes
Banana Rum-Raisin & Chocolate-Banana Bread Puddings: These two recipes are low in fat but high in flavor. The textures are very different, but both delectable, so in the end, it's a matter of personal taste.
- A Bread Pudding of Another Color
[Text Patty Inglish, 2008. All rights reserved.] The bread pudding I watched my father enjoy was very simple, easy to make, and filling. It is not a thing of the past, but new versions have emerged that...
- Cinnamon Bread Pudding
We usually make our old stored bread into an ordinary bread pudding. So I just thought, why not make something out of my favorite ingredient . . . cinnamon. I made a little research about these two main...
More by this Author
This is a classic holiday candy recipe that is one of my family's favorites. Make several different batches to get the full effect of the multiple colors and the different flavors. Favorites are peppermint, spearmint,...
Caramel corn isn't that hard to make. In fact, it's very simple and oh so delicious. Try it and you'll be hooked and never buy store bought caramel corn again.
Stopping your dog from engaging in destructive behavior is wisely accomplished by figuring out the root cause of the destructive behavior and then fixing the situation.