White Gravy Without Bacon or Sausage Grease
Do you like White Gravy without drippings?
White Gravy With No Bacon or Sausage Grease
We rarely cook bacon or sausage, so when I made biscuits the other night and my husband asked if I could make gravy to go with it I was not sure that I could. We didn't have any bacon or sausage in the house, so I improvised and it came out terrific! I would like to share this recipe with you. If you are looking for a way to make gravy without bacon or sausage grease then try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
- 1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter, I used margarine this time
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Salt, To Taste (change accordingly)
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper, To Taste (change accordingly)
- 4 Cups Milk
What to do
- Heat the margarine or butter until melted. (medium heat)
- Add the flour salt and pepper while whisking continuously until smooth and browned according to your taste. I cooked it for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk slowly while whisking to avoid getting lumpy.
- Continue cooking and whisking until thickened. (I had a very sore arm, I seriously need to start using my shake weight) It will also thicken more as it sits. If it is too thick you can whisk in a little milk to thin it up a bit.
More by this Author
A few household hints that can make your life a little easier. From opening a jar lid to making the perfect pancake, you may find what you are looking for right here.