How to Make White Gravy Without Bacon or Sausage Grease
Do you like White Gravy without drippings?
White Gravy With No Bacon or Sausage Grease
We rarely cook bacon or sausage, so when I made biscuits the other night and my husband asked if I could make gravy to go with it I was not sure that I could. We didn't have any bacon or sausage in the house, so I improvised and it came out terrific! I would like to share this recipe with you. If you are looking for a way to make gravy without bacon or sausage grease then try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
- 1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter, I used margarine this time
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Salt, To Taste (change accordingly)
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper, To Taste (change accordingly, (I like a lot of pepper)
- 4 Cups Milk
What to do
- Heat the margarine or butter until melted. (medium heat)
- Add the flour salt and pepper while whisking continuously until smooth and browned according to your taste. I cooked it for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk slowly while whisking to avoid getting lumpy.
- Continue cooking and whisking until thickened. (I had a very sore arm, I seriously need to start using my shake weight) It will also thicken more as it sits. If it is too thick you can whisk in a little milk to thin it up a bit.
More by this Author
This clay is for cutting out shapes to harden for ornaments, etc. 2 Cups Cornstarch 2 Cups Baking Soda 1 1/4 Cups Cold Water Food Coloring (Optional) In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and baking soda....
This is a quick and easy fluffy biscuit recipe. In my family's opinion it is "The Perfect Biscuit". It is made with margarine. If you are looking for simple and fluffy, you found it.
Think making fluffy dumplings for chicken and dumplings is hard? You're overthinking it! Follow this simple recipe to have perfect fluffy dumplings every time.