Pizza Recipe with Whole Wheat Pizza Crust, Ground Turkey & Avocado
Whole Wheat Ground Turkey Pizza
Smart Healthy Choices for your Pizza
Everyone loves pizza - and I found a way to make some healthier choices when preparing pizza for my family. Just a few simple changes from the traditional - can make a difference.
- 100 whole wheat pizza crust
- 93% lean turkey meat
- low fat shredded cheese
- fresh vegetables
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does.
Ingredients for Ground Turkey Pizza w/ Avocado
- 1 package 100% whole wheat thin pizza crusts
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 10 pieces pepperoni, optional
- 1 small package low fat shredded cheese
- sea salt
- course ground black pepper
Ground Turkey Veggie & Avocado Pizza IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Prepare Ground Turkey Meat & Veggies
- Add 1 to 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil to frying pan.
- Brown and sauté chopped garlic
- Add 1 lb. of 93% lean ground turkey meet to skillet & cook until brown
- Add sea salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Set aside
- Lightly brush the bottom of 100% whole wheat pizza thin pizza crust with extra virgin olive oil - Place on pizza stone or pizza pan. Not recommended to place directly on oven rack. **Tip for a crisper cracker crust - bake pizza crust at 350 degrees - until golden brown before adding the toppings.
- With a rubber spatula or back of spoon spread pizza sauce on the whole wheat prepared pizza crust
- Add shredded cheese and layer with - cooked ground turkey meat - fresh baby spinach - sliced mushrooms - sliced onions - chopped green onions - peperoni - sliced red bell peppers - sliced tomato wedges - sliced avocado wedges
- Add sea salt and course ground pepper to taste.
- Place pizza on center rack and bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Optional Pizza PieClick thumbnail to view full-size
Optional - Turn Your Pizza Into A Pizza Pie
You can also turn your pizza into a pizza pie
Using the 100% whole wheat thin pizza crust (two crusts in a package).
After baking pizza in oven for 8 minutes at 425 degrees
Brush the top of second pizza crust with extra virgin olive oil - place on top of your finished pizza - place on middle rack and broil until top is golden brown.
Garnish and serve
About the Author
Brigitte Thompson is an Austin Texas Realtor who enjoys writing and blogging about her favorite recipes.
© 2015 Brigitte Thompson
More by this Author
- 0Beef Chili & Rice - Cooking with the Electric Pressure Cooker & Electric Rice Cooker - Meals in less than 30 minutes
Making Beef Chili & Rice with an Electric Pressure Cooker seals in the flavor and vitamins - Cooking Chili & Rice in half the time - Kitchen gadgets like the electric pressure cooker is a must have.
Prepare a nutritious Potato Soup in less than 3o minutes with a Power Pressure Cooker. Just chop potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, place in cooker for 15 minutes. Great recipe for German Potato Soup
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes
No comments yet.