Why I Like The Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain
What Type of Juicer?
Generally speaking, there are two main categories of juice extractors. There are centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers.
Centrifugal juicers cut up produce at high speeds and separate the juice and pulp with a mesh screen.
Masticating juicers operate at lower speeds and chew up the fruits and vegetables that you put in them.
No juicer is perfect. Which type of juicer is best for you depends. If you want the most yield and are willing to go through a lengthier process, perhaps a masticating type juicer would be a good fit.
If speed and convenience are important to you, then a centrifugal juicer might be best. It's the type you'll most likely actually use!
The Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain Is Popular. Here's Why.
For several good reasons, the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain is probably the most popular juice extractor for home use on the market.
I will try to list some of the reasons that it is a hit with men and women looking to make their own juices from fresh fruits and vegetable right on their kitchen counter tops.
- The price is right. Sure, there are cheaper centrifugal juicers that you can buy online. And, there are juice extractors that costs hundreds of bucks and more. But this is a juicer that you can expect to give you god quality yields over time. It's not a Cadillac - but it's not a Yugo, either.
- It is compact. You will appreciate the compact size of this appliance. The Breville BJE200XL frees up space and clutter in your kitchen.
- The design is intelligent. From the juice jug to the pulp container this juice machine has a well thought out design. Everything works together well.
- It is fast. That is one of the pleasures of a centrifugal juicer. While they do not extract quite as much juices as the typical masticating juicer, you will not have to worry about cutting your produce up into such small pieces and getting them stuck in the machine.
- Clean up is easy. Who wants to clean up a juicer? I see no hands! Face it, clean up is a chore. But you can have this baby cleaned and ready to go in just a few minutes - if you get after it immediately after you finish juicing.
There are many reviews of the Breville BJE2200XL Juice Fountain on video. I thought this was the most informative.
Features and Specs for the Breville BJE200XL
Now for those mundane details.
- This juicer has a single speed. It whirls around at 14,000 revolutions per minute right there in your kitchen.
- It is surprisingly powerful for such a compact unit. It has a motor that supplies 700 watts of power.
- How big is it? It's compact! It stands 16 inches tall. The width and depth are 91/2 by 8 3/4 inches.
- What about the juice jug? It has a 25 ounce capacity and comes with a froth separator.
- How big is the pulp container? It is large enough to contain 1.6 quarts of pulp.
- What about the feed tube? Breville kind of invented the large feed tube that many centrifugal juicers feature today. The feed tube measures 3.3 inches in diameter. They say you can feed a small apple directly down it without any cutting. I must be buying big apples!
- What about clean up? The removable parts are dishwasher safe. I recommend using the top shelf of your dishwasher. a cleaning brush comes with your purchase.
- How does it cut up the fruits and vegetables? There is a high spinning, stainless steel cutting disk just below the feed chute. It cuts up the produce into juice and pulp. An Italian micro mesh filter strains out the juice and sends it into the juice jug. The pulp goes into the pulp container.
- And the warranty? It has a one year limited warranty. Check with Breville as to the details.
What others say about this compact juicer from Breville.
This is a wildly popular juice machine. Some of the popularity may come from the fact that Joe Cross used a Breville juicer in the documentary, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead .
I do not think he used this exact model of Breville juicer but he had one in the back of his car that he depended on for those 60 days of juicing.
Anyway, getting back to this juicer, there are thousands of reviews of it available online.
At Amazon alone there are over 2,700 such reviews. Taken as a whole, the reviews give this juice machine high marks.
- They mostly praise it's efficiency at extracting juices. The exceptions are those that are used to using masticating juicers. They were less impressed.
- Often mentioned by the reviewers is how easy this juice extractor is to use. Taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together is simple and straightforward, they tell us.
- Many, many reviews mentioned how fast it was to make juices with the Breville BJE200XL.
- The compact size was a hit. Many men and women cited this.
- Comparisons to other juicers, like the Jack Lalanne juicers and the Hamilton Beach, were usually settled in Brevilles favor.
- Things they did not like included the warranty and having just a single speed.
© 2013 Gaarf Rosewell
More by this Author
I'm happy with my Bella Rocket Pro Blender. It's one of the few products that I've bought recently that delivers more than expected
No comments yet.