Woe is me! Ice Cream and Candy Pie Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is another great dessert recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer”, The Ice Cream variations are limited only by your imagination and product availability. For the gals out there that like to wash their sorrows in a cheese cake knosh with friends you can use low fat ice cream and bring it in at less net calories per slice than cheese cake, without sacrificing the richness as it slides down your gullet between the “woe is me”, and the “The I’d like to cut his $#@ off” comments at the party. It also goes well with all manner of ‘Chick Flicks’ or black and white oldies on the couch. Regardless of all that it will also rapidly become a favorite of your kids as well. So Do Enjoy….
1 pint Coffee Ice Cream (softened)
1 9 inch Chocolate Pie Crust (you can go commercial and get pre made or use the link below for home made)
1 can Almond Toffee candy (7oz)
¾ cup Hot Fudge topping
2 pints Butter Pecan Ice Cream (softened)
- Spoon Coffee Ice Cream into Pie crust spread evenly, cover and freeze till firm.
- place candy in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, or mallet (work off some of those blues! You’ll start to feel better already)
- Spread the fudge topping over the coffee Ice Cream. Sprinkle with 1 Cup of the almond toffee candy crumbs, (set a little aside for later)
- Spoon Butter Pecan Ice Cream over the Fudge topping spread evenly and Freez again till firm
- Spoon the Whipped Cream into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe rosettes around the edge of the pie. GarnishCenter of the pie with the remaining candy. Keep Frozen till served.
Yield 8 Servings.
Follow this link for home made chocolate crust recipe
- How to make a Lime-Chocolate Pie
Here is a Lime Chocolate Pie recipe that is a real sweetie from crust to topping. As you read the ingredients you will feel the sweet waves of delight rush through your body, generating undulating waves of anticipation of...
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...