Worlds Best Sugar Cookies Recipe
Sugar Cookies Recipe
You can have for instance red , white , and blue sugar cookies for July 4th , or red and green cookies for Christmas. Or you can just leave your sugar cookies plain and serve them hot from the oven with a big glass of cold milk.
Lets talk here for just a moment or two about oven temperatures. If you don't have one and you plan to bake in your oven often buy yourself an oven thermometer to keep a close eye on oven temperatures. A lot of home ovens are quite often off by 10-20 degrees and this can really make a difference when your baking.
And please use only real butter and real vanilla extract when you are making cookies or baking.
For your cookies you will need.
1. 2 Teaspoons of Milk.
2. 1/2 Teaspoon Salt.
3. 2 Cups Flour.
4. 1 Teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract.
5. 2 Eggs Lightly Beaten.
6. 1 Cup Butter.
7. 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar.
To make these worlds best sugar cookies your going to need a hand mixer and a good old fashioned rolling pin for rolling out your cookie dough.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat your butter and sugar together until well mixed.
2. Now mix in your eggs and vanilla flavoring with your hand mixer.
3. Now you will want to combine your flour and salt in a second bowl and then beat it into the rest of the mixture a little bit at a time with your hand mixer.Be sure that everything gets mixed up well together.
4. Now you will want to cover your cookie dough and chill it for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll out your dough now and then cut into shapes with well greased cookie cutters. You can easily spray your cookie cutters with vegetable cooking spray.
7. Now you will want to brush your cookies with milk and now is the time if you wish to decorate your cookies.
8. Now you will want to bake your cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 21 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
9. You want to allow your cookies to cool slightly before you transfer them to a plate or plates to cool.
Two important things to keep in mind are that your cookies are done when they start to brown around the edges and you should allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for at least five minutes after you take the cookie sheet from the oven.
And you have just made the worlds best sugar cookies. Please post your comments down below and thanks for reading my hub page.
More Tips For Making Perfect Sugar Cookies
When your making sugar cookies you need to measure your ingredients perfectly. Don't guess at your measurements. Use a measuring cup or measuring spoon to make sure your measurements are correct.
Another thing a lot of people miss is how important it is to cream your sugar and butter together properly. You want to use your butter when it is still slightly chilled. Mix the butter and sugar together until they are creamed together well.
Sugar cookies are simple by nature so don't try to add to your recipe or try to do different things. Keep your recipe simple and your sugar cookies will turn out perfect each and every time you make them.
You should also be sure to rotate your baking sheets 180 degrees halfway through the baking time for perfect sugar cookies each time you make them.
Its perfectly alright to roll your cookie dough out and cut your cookies out with a cookie cutter.
More by this Author
Over the years I have tried to become a great biscuit cook also and it has been a long journey to get to the point where I was happy with the biscuits I produced. And at the same time I was trying to come up with a...
If your looking for the best recipe in the world for Chocolate Chip Cookies guess what? You just found the recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. Look at the photo and drool. I promise you that once...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.