World's Greatest French Fries
History of French Fries
One of the greatest foods enjoyed by Americans everywhere is the French Fry. While the name of the food shows a history of France, French Fries are one of the most common side dishes to American Cuisine.
French Fries are part of Fast Food and Sit Down Restaurants alike. They are served with Hamburgers, Steaks, Chicken, and more. And while many people take time to prepare deep friend potatoes to go with their meals, the secret to the World's Greatest French Fries can be found here!
Preparing the Potatoes
When creating the World's Greatest French Fries its important to prepare the potatoes correctly. The first step in preparation is picking the correct potatoes. Idaho large baking potatoes often work best. Golden Potatoes should never be used as they turn out more like deep fried mashed potatoes than French Fries.
- After you've selected the correct potatoes, peel them so that no skin is remaining. Some people take short cuts and leave the skin on each end of the potato. Doing so makes the oil dirty and impacts the taste of the french fries.
- After you've peeled the potatoes, you should cut them so that each Fry is the same size. Having different sized fries causes them to cook differently. The outcome is often burned fries mixed with under cooked potatoes.
- Make sure that the oil you're going to fry the potatoes in is hot. You can test the temperature of the oil by placing the end of one potato into the oil. If it boils immediately, the oil is ready for frying.
- Place the cut potatoes into a metal deep frying pan. These are hard to find but really make a difference in the quality of the fry.
- Place the deep frying pan into the hot oil SLOWLY. The boiling oil caneasily boil over onto the stove and catch fire. Make sure the oil does not boil over!
- Once the boiling comes under control, leave the potatoes in the oil until they start to float and turn golden brown. Mix them periodically so that the potatoes cook evenly.
- After the potatoes have finished cooking, take them out, apply salt as desired and then serve with American Hamburgers, Steak, or other dinner you desire.
Many individual enjoy "FRY SAUCE" with their meals. Fry Sauce can be used by mixing mayonnaise, and ketchup. Serve with your World's Greatest French Fries to impress your friends and family.
Some of the best french fries are enjoyed on steaks cooked on an outdoor grill. Cooking Meat at high temperatures combined with the World's Greatest Fries is one amazing treat!