Tasty Recipe for Yellow Summer Squash
How to Make Yellow Squash
- Yellow squash
- Spike (low sodium salt)
- Butter, (Danish Creamery)
- Parsley flakes
- Black pepper
- Garlic salt
- Water, ½ cup
- Wash 2-3 yellow squash with baking soda and warm water; then rinse.
- Cut a little off both ends of each squash.
- Cut medium size slices of squash into a bowl.
- Preheat a skillet at medium heat, add 1/2 stick of butter and 2 ounces of water into a skillet.
- Begin placing the sliced yellow squash into the skillet.
- Lightly season the squash with "Spike low sodium salt" and lightly sprinkle garlic salt, a small amount of black pepper, and sprinkle on some parsley flakes.
- Let cook for 5 minutes on one side before flipping the squash over, and then let cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- Turn the skillet off; there will still be butter sauce sitting in the skillet with the yellow squash.
- The yellow squash should be a little soft, but not too mushy.
- This recipe can serve 3-6 people as a side order.
Yellow Squash Recipe
Benefits of Eating Yellow Squash
Making yellow squash is easy and healthy for you. Sometimes people call yellow squash "summer squash" because it harvest more in the summer seasons. Squash can be eaten as a side order or a main dish. Now that you can make the yellow squash recipe, you can make it with an orange chicken recipe or fish and cheese pasta. The benefits and nutrients found in yellow squash:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Beta carotene
The vitamin C in yellow squash can assist with maintaining a strong immune system and . Vitamin A is also known as retinol which helps with increased eye health, teeth, and better skin complexion. Also vitamin A helps with fighting against cancers such as: breast cancer, prostate cancer in men, and colon cancer. prevent premature wrinkles
Antioxidants found in yellow squash assist with fighting off inflammation in the body, which is good decreasing the effects of common cold and sinus problems.
And the beta carotene found in yellow squash prevents from having blurry eye vision. It also decreases potential skin rashes, cancers, and infection.
Yellow Squash Poll
Have You Ever Made Yellow Squash?See results without voting
100 Low Sodium Recipes
100 Recipes - Printbook for $8.22 and eBook for $2.99
© 2012 Ann810
More by this Author
A boiled egg recipe is one of the easiest recipes to make, children can cater and help prepare this recipe as well. Eggs are very nutritiousness and they contain protein and biotin vitamins.
An easy recipe on how to make fish mackerel burgers. Avoid adding salt to canned mackerel fish, due to it already containing salt.
Most Black men and boys wear the Spinning Waves low hair cut, it's a nice clean look.