Yummy No-Beat Easy Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
5 stars for White Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
48 Chocolate Cookies Vanished!
Easy to make White Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies - yummy!!! Who doesn't like a hot chocolate chip cookie straight off the cooling rack?
Yesterday when I made these I couldn't find my beater so guess what? This recipe just became a favorite of mine because I ended up doing this all by hand - and the cookies coulddn't have been better. So much for those recipes that always call for a beater. If you mix them well enough, no one will ever know the difference! The prep time was less than a half hour. I added walnuts because I love walnuts (you can make them though with just chocolate chips - and if you are really traditional you can substitute the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips) This recipe ended up making me about 48 cookies - and how do I know these are good?
All 48 cookies were gone before the end of the night. They never even made it to the cooling racks. By the end of the night all that was left were empty cookie sheets. An overwhelming positive response! And the thing I heard the most about these cookies is that "they weren't too sweet" and they were "soft". To me those words are a great indicator of a delicious chocolate chip cookie.
And the last 3 cookies? Simon our border collie stole them off a plate that was left on the coffee table. Even the dogs love them!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
Crazy about Cookies
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 8 min
- Ready in: 28 min
- Yields: 48 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or lay with parchment paper. With a whisk, thoroughly whip the brown sugar, white sugar and softened butter together until light and fluffy. Break up any clumps as needed (you can also use a beater if you choose but I did this by hand)
- Add the eggs, then stir in the vanilla and whip together again.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and mix. Then gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix well by hand again with the whisk.
- Lastly, fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 min in preheated oven, until edges are light brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 min. Then cool completely on a wire rack. Once they are completely cool, store in tupperware containers (if the cookies even make it that far!)
- And lastly, enjoy!
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE10
An art teachers step-by-step art lesson on how to draw,color and make your own 3-D hand-print artwork. Great for Mothers Day gifts,birthdays,craft lessons with kids,Fathers Day gifts and just for fun!
- EDITOR'S CHOICE47
You can give your puppies and dogs shots by yourself if you cannot afford to take your puppies to the vet. You can learn how to do this here with these step by step instructions and what you need.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE445
If you hit your head hard and are now feeling foggy, having head pain, or having trouble remembering, you may have a concussion. Check these symptoms and see if you need to go to the doctor.