Yummy Tuna and Cheddar Pasta Salad Recipe
Craving a delicious pasta salad? Time to try this fabulous dish! If you like tuna and cheese, then you will love this!
I discovered this salad several years ago when I friend took me to lunch at a little downtown Bistro. I loved this salad so much, I would go out of my way to get some...and then I finally decided that I should try to recreate the recipe. After just a few times, I was met with success...and happiness! It may sound weird, but this salad is amazing!!! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 box Bow tie (farfalle) pasta - preferrably with added fiber/protein to make it more good for you!
- 1 C. Medium cheddar cheese cut into about 1/2 squares (You can adjust more or less depending on your taste preference of course)
- 1 large can or 2 small cans sliced black olives
- About 4-5 stalks sliced green onions
- 1 can white albacore tuna (you can substitute chicken or smoked salmon depending on what you are in the mood for...yum!)
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. fresh chopped tomatoe- seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta per instructions on the box.
While cooking the pasta, cut cheese and green onions, and then mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Special note: You can adjust all other ingredients to fit your preference in taste!
Once pasta is done, rinse in cold water until pasta is completely cold. This is very important, or the cheese will start to melt and the whole salad will just be a weird, gooey mess. Cold noodles = perfectly tasty pasta salad.
When pasta is rinsed cold and drained, mix in with the other ingredients. Although devine right away, this pasta salad is best once it has been refridgerated for at least an hour after mixing the ingredients. Enjoy!