Charlu profile image 83

Is it really worth it to cook for just one and if so do you have some recipes to prove it?

Cooking for just one (not including the dogs) sometimes just seems like it's not worth it. Although I would love to have some homemade lasagna, meatballs, stuffed pork chops, (ok I have to stop now I'm getting hungry), it really doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble. Then when I think of the alternatives such as frozen dinners or eating out I just get bored. Does anybody have any quick, easy, and delicious recipes for one? OK maybe 2 or 3 and I could have left overs.

Catherine Kane profile image86

Catherine Kane says

TheRightWord profile image83

TheRightWord says

• ModestyKing profile image

ModestyKing 4 years ago

Not only this, but depending on what you do & what you make, your home-cooked meal could be more delicious than your other option. Like, I like to make omelets for myself, and I usually find them very tasty. It's hard to find a good fast food ome

Cooking for Yourself Alone78

Cooking for Yourself Alone

|  9 comments
Becky Katz profile image85

Becky Katz says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Great idea from your great aunt and I not only love lasagna, but I really love making it. I should have thought of the tape idea. I used to put things in the freezer, forget when I put it in, and then throw it out, (unless it was recent) Thanks

Diane Woodson profile image60

Diane Minton (Diane Woodson) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Love this recipe and I also love homemade chicken soup. That is one thing I've never liked from a can was soup. Thanks for the great easy recipe.

ASchwartz profile image87

ASchwartz says

rdown profile image80

rdown says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Love the recipe on the blog. It looks easy and very tasty. Thanks

freecampingaussie profile image51

freecampingaussie says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I really like the idea of the meat with the veggies and trimmings all in one pan. Almost like a skillet breakfast. Thanks

0

BethDW says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thanks Beth I checked out some of the hubs and there are some awesome recipes. Maybe a change in menu and recipes will help the initiative to cook more. Thanks again