sweetie1 profile image 75

Eat your food

When I was growing up, my parents forced me to eat what ever was served in plate. Of course we would be given food of choice many a times but not always and we had to eat all the portions we put in our plates so we took just enough quantity we needed. Just wondering how many of your parents did same to you or how many parents out of you are doing same to your children? I am sure this is good way to make children eat everything and don't waste food by taking too big portions and then not finishing that off.

samnashy profile image83

Sam Graham (samnashy) says

• sweetie1 profile image

sweetie1 4 years ago

By eating everything in plate means that we were told to take small portions, even we may take it 2 or three times. This helps in not wasting food as the food left in plate usually goes in dustbin.

moonfairy profile image86

moonfairy says

visionandfocus profile image81

visionandfocus says

0

• sweetie1 profile image

sweetie1 4 years ago

Thanks Jthomp42, ofcourse we wasted food on plate so this rule was enforced at our house. But thanks to that rule I learned to eat everything including all sort of veggies like egg plant ( brinjals), bitter gourd etc.