Rosie writes profile image 85

Do you have a food allergy?

It seems like more and more people are allergic to specific foods. This year, the schools in my county are no longer allowing any food to be brought in to the schools by parents (for birthdays, holidays, etc.) which is a relief, as the past couple of years I have had a few students with severe food allergies in my classroom. Do you think the number of people with food allergies is rising and why?

FamousDena profile image81

Dena Ross (FamousDena) says

• Rosie writes profile image

Rosie writes 3 years ago

Thanks for your expertise on this matter. A co-worker of mine is also gluten intolerant, and she is very careful about what she eats. I think you are right that people are more aware of allergies related to food.

• Rosie writes profile image

Rosie writes 3 years ago

Thanks for your input Iburmaster. I think I have developed an allergy to milk (or the substances put into it) in the form of skin irritations. The school system did this after a 7 year old died last year after ingesting a peanut while at school.