Diana Grant profile image 87

How can I use up tiny, unripe, sour grapes? Do you know any recipes, apart from wine-making?

A long cold spring, followed by a dull and very rainy harvesting season in London, has meant that my grapes were late to develop, and now that the weather has turned cold, I have given up hope for them to ripen on the vine. They are still very small, and most of them are sour, and have large pips compared to their size - I think the pips must have developed to full-size at the expense of the fruit itself, leaving the outer flesh of the grapes to follow later. I'm still quite proud of them, as grape-growing in the UK is still uncommon, and I don't want to waste the grapes if I can use them.

ChitrangadaSharan profile image84

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

Idea Garden profile image59

Idea Garden says

rutley profile image74

rutley says

• Diana Grant profile image

Diana Grant 2 years ago

I'm tough - I've tried eating them, and, as long as they are sweet-sour enough to eat without spitting them out, I can indeed eat them without dire effects!