Banana Pancake Recipe
Bananas are one of nature's ideal snacks. It is a rich source of protein and good source of fibre. Bananas also have potent energizing qualities, making them an ideal snack when you feel low and energy.
Bananas are good source of potassium which is vital mineral for muscle and nerve function and also helps to regulate blood pressure.
Bananas are high in antioxidants and vitamin C and beta carotene. They also contain Vitamin B6 which helps protect against heart disease and regulates the nervous system. Being generally easy to digest bananas make particularly good food for convalescents or those with appetite related conditions.
They are also a healthy option for fulfilling a craving for something sweet. Because most of the starch content turns to sugar as the fruit ripens, bananas are not only sweeter when ripe, bananas are easy to digest and rarely cause allergic reactions.
Banana also is a popular solid food for babies. You just need 1 ripe banana and put in blender and puree on high speed until smooth.This ‘peel and mash fruit is always quick convenient and nutritious. Always a treat for the little ones.
If you want to make your banana a little bit more exciting try my Banana Pancake. Here is the recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup self-raising flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg beaten lightly
20 g butter melted
1 medium size banana mashed
1. Sift the flour, into a large bowl.
2. Put the 20 g butter in a small bowl and melt in microwave and then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combined the egg, milk. melted butter, mashed banana and stir with a fork.
4. Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture, the mixture will be slightly lumpy but this is okey.
5. Heat a large non-stick pan. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture at a time into the pan, allowing room to spread. Cook until small holes appear in the surface, turn pancakes, cook until browned.
6. Remove the pancake from pan and cover to keep warm, repeat with the remaining batter.
7.Serve the pancakes with butter and honey, or your favourite syrup.
8. Serve hot !
You will need at least 20 minutes to make this recipe, 10 minutes preparation time and 10 minutes cooking.
Rate this Recipe
More by this Author
From apple to watermelon, an A- Z list of different fruits and some related facts. Lots of photos included!
A selection of easy, economical and simple Filipino fish and seafood recipes that you can cook. Also includes - list of common local Philippine fishes and shellfish.
Explanations of the different Catholic symbols: these symbols act as badges of faith, teaching tools, and aids on the journey towards an understanding of complex philosophies. Images included.