Best Low Calorie Snacks At Fast Food Restaurants
You’re in your car, hours after lunch and you are in dire need of a little snack. You’re watching your weight, so you think that the convenient fast food drive through is out…..not so fast. There are healthy low calorie choices at many fast food restaurants; you just need to know what to order.
Here are some tips to help you out:
· Choose fruit or veggies when available, they are naturally high in fiber to help your satiety and low in calories. Fruits and veggies are also packed with antioxidants and vitamins to help keep your immune system strong.
· If you have a sweet craving, go for an ice cream cone. I’m not talking about the triple scoop Ben and Jerry’s cone that can tack on 1000+ calories to your day. A simple cone from McDonalds, Dairy Queen or Sonic is less than 200 calories.
· If you want some protein, go for a smaller version of a meal entrée, such as a Subway mini turkey sub or a Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco.
· Aim for 200 calories or less; remember this is a snack….not a small meal.
The following are snacks that contain less than 200 calories.
( ) = Calories
- Mc Donald’s Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait with Granola (160)
- Mc Donald’s Apple Dippers (35)
- Mc Donald’s Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream Cone (150)
- Chick-Fil-A Large Fruit Cup (100)
- Chick-Fil-A Side Salad with Light Italian Dressing (85)
- Sonic Vanilla Cone (190)
- Dairy Queen Grilled Chicken Wrap (200)
- Dairy Queen DQ Sandwich (190)
- Dairy Queen Kids Vanilla Cone (140) Chocolate Kids Cone (150)
- Burger King Side Garden Salad with KEN’S® Fat Free Ranch Dressing (75)
- Burger King MOTT’S® Strawberry Flavored Apple Sauce (90)
- Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Taco (150)
- Taco Bell Fresco Soft Taco, Beef (180)
- Taco Bell Fresco Soft Taco, Steak (160)
- Taco Bell Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco (135)
- Taco Bell Spicy Chicken Soft Taco (170)
- Subway Ham Mini Sub (180)
- Subway Roast Beef Mini Sub (200)
- Subway Turkey Breast Mini Sub (190)
- Tips For Making the Best Low Calorie Choices When Eating Out
More helpful tips for eating out.
No comments yet.