Best Raspberry Sorbet Recipe - Made Without an Ice-Cream Maker
Additive-Free Raspberry Sorbet
Make this refreshing raspberry sorbet easily with basic kitchen utensils. No ice-cream maker is required. It can be served on it's own, or as an accompaniment to a selection of fruity desserts. It does not contain any artificial colourings or flavourings.
Please Rate this Dish
- 4 (6 ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Set the raspberries in a food processor bowl and puree them until smooth, then whisk them together with the honey in a separate large bowl.
- Place 3 cups of the water plus sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan and stir them together until they've combined, then bring the blend to the boil over a high heat.
- Allow the mixture to boil without stirring until the sugar has dissolved, which should take roughly 2 minutes.
- Pour the sugar water into the raspberry puree you prepared in step 1 and stir them together well.
- Set the bowl of raspberry puree in a very large bowl of water and ice and whisk it until it cools, then pour it into a baking dish (9 inches x 13 inches).
- Cover the dish of raspberry puree and place it in the freezer until it solidifies, which should take approximately 6 - 8 hours.
- Transfer the sorbet to a food processor and process it until it becomes silky-smooth.
Notes & Tips
-In step 1, pass the raspberry puree through a fine sieve to remove any seeds if you want an extra-smooth sorbet.
-You can substitute the raspberries with any other berries. Strawberries in particular work well with this recipe.
-If you need this sorbet in a hurry and don't have enough time to properly freeze it, put it in the freezer for 1 hour, then transfer it to an ice-cream machine.
More by this Author
This spaghetti carbonara recipe is quick and easy to follow, and is perfect for those just learning to cook. The recipe guides you through the process of making carbonara, and provides helpful hints and tips, too.
This recipe for strawberry cheesecake is quick, straightforward, and incredibly simple to follow. It's a great recipe for beginners to attempt. Also included is a short recipe for strawberry sauce, which goes great with...
In this hub I talk about Stockholm Syndrome: What it is, it's roots in human evolution, where the term originated, and victims of the psychological phenomenon.