Drink Ideas: Glowing Drinks, Flaming Drinks, Fogging Drinks, Ice Shots, and More
Are you having a party or a gathering and need some ideas to serve great drinks for your guests?
Make your next party special by serving awesome drinks. These drink ideas are simple to create but will be a presentation to impress your guests. Everyone will rave at your drink creation and your party will be a big success.
Keep reading to find out how to make glowing drinks, fogging drinks, flaming drinks, and Pop Rocks cocktails. Learn how to rim glasses, make an ice glass, and more.
Try out these drink ideas and kick the party up a notch. Your party will be the talk of the year and your guests will have blast with these awesome drink ideas. Cheers!
Make Your Party Glow
Creating glowing drinks is one of the simplest ways to spice up a party. There are several ways to do this.
- You can use glow sticks as stirrers or just drop a glow stick into the bottom of the cup. Make sure to sanitize the glow sticks before you use them in drinks.
- Another neat way to make glowing drinks is to serve tonic water. It will glow a blue color under a black light because of the quinine in it. So mix drinks with tonic water or make ice cubes with tonic water if you don't like the taste of it.
- You can also put a smaller cup inside of a larger one. Fill the smaller glass with a drink of your choice. Put tonic water in the outer glass. Make sure the outer glass is clear. Then use a straw to drink from the smaller glass and the outside of the drink will glow.
- Energy drinks with B vitamins in it will glow a yellowish/green color. You can see the effect best if you serve if from a clear glass.
- Drop a B vitamin into your glass for a yellow/green tinted glow. Use the double glass technique if you don't want the vitamin in your drink. Fill the outer glass with water and drop the vitamin in it to dissolve.
How to Make Glow in the Dark Drinks
More Glow in the Dark Drink Ideas
- How to Make Drinks that Glow in the Dark
Here you will learn about liquids that glow in the dark and even get some party drink recipe ideas. You can make a glowing milkshake, a black light tinted fruit drink, a bright energy mix, fluorescent Jello, and even mix up a prank glowing drink.
Glowing Ice Cubes
Glowing ice cubes are the perfect solution if you want to have drinks with special effects, but aren't feeling ambition enough to try out some of the other ideas.
Light up ice cubes are typically LED lights and come in multiple colors. Snag a rainbow of colors or use just one color to match your party theme. The cool thing about them is that they are reusable, so they will last for more than one party.
Use them in adult drinks or at a child's party. Kids will be amazed when their drinks light up.
The effect works best if you put the drink in a clear cup.
Flaming Drink Recipes
- Flaming themed drink recipes and cocktail recipes - Drinknation.com
Flaming themed alcoholic drink recipes and cocktails. Great for a Flaming themed party.
Glasses Used with Flaming Drinks
These snifter glasses (brandy glasses) are often used with flaming drinks. They are heavy and have a short stem that makes them easier to hold.
Serving flaming drinks at a party is a hot idea. It is easier than you may think and is relatively safe as long as proper procedures and precautions are followed.
- The most important thing to remember is to put out the fire before you take a drink. Blow out the fire, then drink. The fire will burn you if you try to drink it.
- Alcohol will burn with a light blue flame. Turn out the lights to see it better.
- Before you light the drink, close all other bottles of alcohol and move them away from the area where you are lighting the drink. Other sources of alcohol could catch on fire and get swiftly out of control. Move away anything else flammable such as paper or cloth.
- Having a fire extinguisher handy is a good idea. Baking soda can also be used to put out any flames.
- Do not pour in more alcohol to an already flaming drink. It could light the bottle on fire or possibly even cause fire to spray.
- Don't let the drink burn too long and don't leave a flaming drink unattended. The fire can cause the glass to crack or break if it burns too long. It can also ruin the taste of the drink.
- Cinnamon sprinkled on the top of the drink will sparkle when the drink is lit.
- The higher the proof of the alcohol, the better it will burn. Cream liqueurs won't work as well.
- Heavy, round, and short glassware works best. Thin glass will break easily when aflame.
- Warm the glass over a burner on low heat. Do not let the glass make direct contact with the burner. Heat until the glass feels warm to the touch. This will help keep the glass from breaking when the drink is lit.
- Mix the drink and pour it into the glass.
- Move the drink away from you and your guests. Make sure everyone stands back.
- Light a match and touch the flame to the drink. Do not let your hand, your clothing, your hair, or anything else contact the drink. Lighter fluid may contaminate the drink if you try to use a lighter instead of a match.
- When you are ready to drink, extinguish the fire by blowing it out. Make sure the fire dies out completely before drinking.
Mixing a Flaming Drink
Smoking Party Drinks
More About Dry Ice Drinks
- Using Dry Ice in Drinks
Using dry ice in drinks is fun, really simple, and safe as long as you know how to handle the dry ice. Use dry ice to make smoking dry ice fruit drinks and cocktails, bubbling soda floats, and fogging hot drinks and punches.
Drinks that have a mysterious fog rolling out of them are a great conversation starter at any party. Making fogging drinks is easy with dry ice.
Relax--it isn't poisonous, or extremely dangerous. Dry ice is just the frozen form of carbon dioxide, the gas we exhale. The main precaution when using it with drinks is that it can cause a freezer burn if handled with bare skin.
So, if you want to use it in drinks, you will just need to be careful. Use tongs or wear gloves when handling it.
You can either make a fogging punch or you can drop a piece into individual drinks for a smoking effect.
- To make an individual drink, drop a small piece of the dry ice into the bottom of the glass. Pour regular ice cubes on top of it. Then add the drink. Give the guests a straw so that they won't accidentally drink the dry ice.
- if you are worried about someone swallowing the dry ice, you can put a smaller glass inside the serving glass. First, put a small amount of warm water in the larger glass. Pour the drink into the smaller glass and place it in the larger one so that the water is around it. Drop a small piece of dry ice into the warm water. Stick a straw into the drink to make it easier for guests.
- Use the same technique for a fogging punch. Place a smaller punch bowl into a larger one. Pour the punch into the smaller bowl. Pour water around the outside of the small bowl and drop in a few pieces of dry ice.
- Using dry ice in drinks is even easier if you use dry ice swizzle sticks (Pictured below). You just put a piece of dry ice into the holder and drop it into the drink. There are no worries about the dry ice coming in contact with skin or mouth that way.
Fogging drinks are a good addition for Hawaiian luau theme, Halloween parties, fire and ice parties, or just to add a bit of sensation to any party.
Dry Ice Swizzle Sticks
On the Rocks
When someone asks for a drink on the rocks, you can literally give it to them. These stones act as ice. Simply pop them in the freezer for a few hours. Then drop them into your guests' drinks.
They will keep the drink cold and make a unique statement. Plus they are reusable. Plain ice will never have the same appeal.
Literally on the Rocks!
Help your guests chill out by giving them a glass made of ice. They are great for an ice theme or parties on hot summer nights.
- Buy a mold to make ice shots. Simply fill the mold with ice and freeze. Then pop out the glasses, pour in the drink, and serve the ice glasses.
- You can even make glowing ice shots by using tonic water in the molds.
- Don't want to invest in an ice mold? Follow the directions in the video below to make ice glasses using a plastic cup.
Pop Rocks Drinks Recipes
- Pop Rocks Candy Adult Beverages
Recipes to make drinks with Pop Rocks. How to make Pop Rocks martinis and other Pop Rocks cocktails.
Adding Pop Rocks to drinks is a fun way to add some spark to your drinks. You can either rim the glass with Pop Rocks or sprinkle them on top of the drink for a flavor boosting experience.
Sour apple Pop Rocks taste great with apple martinis. Other flavors of Pop Rocks like strawberry and watermelon compliment cocktails well.
How to Rim a Glass with Caramel Syrup
Rimming a Glass with Caramel
Rimming the edge of the glass is a way to add visual appeal to the drink as well as a hint of flavor. It is very simple to do.
- Pour the ingredient you are using to rim onto a plate. Spread it out so that the pile is wider than the edge of the glass.
- Take a lemon or lime and rub it around the edge of the glass. This just moistens the glass so that the salt or sugar will stick to it. You can also use a wet sponge for this.
- Then gently place the glass onto the plate of salt or sugar. Gently turn it so that the edge gets coated completely.
- You can use caramel or chocolate sauce as well. Just pour a thick layer onto a plate. Dip the glass into it ensuring the whole rim is coated. Don't make it too thick or the caramel will drip down the edge of the glass.
- Pop Rocks can also be used to rim glasses.
- Colored sugar or Kool-Aid powder can be used to make the rimming more appealing.
What trick are you going to use to wow your guests?See results without voting
The extra touches can make a normal drink into something spectacular. The visual is important at parties and special events. So don't neglect the little details.
- Use ice molds to make shaped ice for the drinks.
- Umbrellas, funny drink stirrers, and special straws are simple way to make a drink more fun.
- Buy glasses or cups to match your theme. It is an instant mood setter.
- Add fresh fruit to the drinks for a flavor boost.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE60
Liquids that glow in the dark and party drink recipe ideas. Make glowing milkshakes, fruit drinks, energy mix, fluorescent Jell-O, and even a prank glow drink.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE7
Adding a flavored rim to the glass is a great way to add taste and eye appeal to a drink. Rimming is very simple to do and can be added to any drink, even non-alcoholic ones. You will find instructions on how to do a...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE732
The color of your snot can tell you a lot about what is going on inside your body. Clear, white, yellow, green, brown, red, or gray–what does your mucus say about you?