Try This Delicious Caramel Cheese Flan (Puerto Rico Style)
I still remember the very exact day I learn how to make this flan. I was in my grandma's house. I can even smell the beautiful vanilla in the air. She showed me step by step, with all the patience she always had. Those where wonderful days. I loved to spend time in her house just talking about silly things, sharing my crazy and endless teenage stories. I liked so much to make her laugh. Her laugh is so beautiful and contagious. But time passed. I moved to another country and sometimes I miss so much those days. Thankfully I learn this recipe from her and every time I make it is like be straight to my grandma's kitchen. Only good memories comes to my mind.
This is why today I want share the recipe with you. So people can create their own memories around a good piece of this delicious cheese flan. Is simple to make and everyone is going to love it.
I know how much we miss this dishes when we are living out our beautiful island of Puerto Rico. So, if you are one of them, dying for a decadent piece of cheese flan, this recipe is for you.
2 cups of sugar
2 cans of evaporated milk
1 can of condensed milk
2 cream cheese
1 tbsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven at 350 degees, put in a big pan 1/4 full of water as a double boiler.
- Melt the sugar in a small pot until forming a golden caramel.
- Pour the caramel in the mold until it covers the bottom completely.
- In a big bowl, mix the evaporated milk, the condensed milk, the eggs and the vanilla.
- Put half of the mixture recently made with a cream cheese in the blender and beat at medium speed until forming a uniform mixture without clots. Repeat the process with the second half of the mixture and the cream cheese remaining, then incorporate both mixtures.
- Pour the whole mixture in the mold.
- Bake in double boiler at 350 degrees during approximate 50 minutes. To check if the flan is well cooked, insert a fine knife in the center of the mold, the knife should come out clean.
- Leave it out to cool, then refrigerate for two hours.
- Turn upside down. Serve cold and enjoy!
More by this Author
Ready for some hot summer fun? Try this original way to serve refreshing shots on your next beach or pool party!
A girls night? Try these sweet, refreshing and delicious girly drinks. Beach, Bar or Party!! This top 10 list is for you!!
Shots can be strong. This list of 48 shot recipes is made for you, if you love a little liquor but want a fruiter, creamier, or more chocolatey taste!
No comments yet.