Brussels sprout for curry lovers
This tasty recipe will turn even the fussiest eater into a brussels sprouts lover
This addictive dish can be served hot as a vegetable or cold as a salad (keeps up to 2 days in the refrigerator). As it can be prepared in advance it's ideal for potluck or dinner parties.
- 1 kilogram brussels sprouts
- 100 grams dried red lentils
- 100 grams dried apricots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, mild, medium or hot, depending on your taste
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 100 grams natural yogurt
- Thoroughly wash brussels sprouts, trim and cut in half. Boil in salt water until al dente (approx. 5-10 minutes). Set aside.
- Wash lentils under running water.
- Cut apricots into small chunks.
- Chop onion.
- Sauté onion and apricot chunks in olive oil. Sprinkle with curry powder and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Return to medium heat.
- Add red lentils and cinnamon stick and cook until soft (only takes a few minutes).
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Add chutney, yogurt and cooked brussels sprouts. Mix well and carry on cooking for another minute.
- Serve either hot as a side dish or cold as a salad.
More by this Author
Fruit snacks are very fashionable these days. But do we really know what they contain? Are they really healthy, or are we just stuffing ourselves with unhealthy additives, artificial color and allergens? This article...
Bananas have many health benefits and they are the perfect pairing with curry. Try them cooked in a soup that will warm your heart even on the coldest winter day.
It is very important that you take your thyroid medication at least 30-60 minutes before your breakfast with a glass of water. Furthermore you should avoid certain foods or drinks that may interact with the absorption....