Delicious Gluten-Free, Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Gluten-Free)
It's impossible to tell the difference between these cookies (which contain no gluten or eggs) and regular ones. Perfect for celiacs or just as a more healthy alternative to store-bought biscuits.
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking sheet with butter or margarine, which should be set to one side for now.
- Cream the brown sugar, white sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl then add the egg substitute and vanilla gradually to the blend while constantly mixing.
- Sift the gluten-free baking mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a seperate bowl and stir this into the butter mixture until they've properly blended, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving two inches of space between them, then place them in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack to cool fully.
Notes & Tips
-In step 4, you can tell the cookies are done if they've taken on a pleasant, golden-brown hue.
-Store the cookies at room temperature in air-tight containers for 3 - 4 days.
-If the dough is too dry, add 1/4 - 1/2 cup apple sauce to the mixture in step 2, while adding the egg substitute and vanilla extract.
-The recipe still works perfectly well if you use 2 eggs instead of the substitute.
-Get inventive with the egg substitute. Vanilla coconut yoghurt is one good replacement, as are bananas and store-bought egg substitutes. If vegans plan to use the store-bought variety, they should remember to read the packaging beforehand, as some brands include egg whites.
Please Rate this Dish
More by this Author
Here is a guide to native Irish fairies. In this hub, you'll learn about them all, from grogoches to changelings, and from merrows to leprechauns, of course.
This recipe for strawberry cheesecake is quick, straightforward, and incredibly simple to follow. It's a great recipe for beginners to attempt. Also included is a short recipe for strawberry sauce, which goes great with...
I've put together a simple guide to the city of Dublin and the top ten attractions there.