jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Healthy Foods

1. 0
    danielabramposted 4 years ago

What are some foods you recommend?

Example: Hummus + Pita are a great source of protein.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Any food that is low sodium, low fat, low cholesterol.  Fresh fruit and fresh veggies are good examples.  Cheese, Ice Cream, Pizza, Fries and Burgers are bad examples.  Take a look at my hubs on eating smarter and low salt to learn more.

2. joytruthlove profile image61
    joytruthloveposted 4 years ago

I enjoy working with tofu....my favorite is making a dairy free pudding.....use agave for sweetener...I also like flax crackers and kombucha.....but kombucha is not for everyone.....produce that is most likely to be contaminated with pesticides are organic and fair trade chocolate.... beanitos...a chip made with beans....they are extremely tasty and healthy....oh and guacamole

3. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

How about good old fashioned: fresh fruit and vegetables.  Those are always easy to grab and go for a quick snack anytime of the day!

4. Matthew Kirk profile image89
    Matthew Kirkposted 4 years ago

Try Spelt bread - less fat than wheat!

5. GiblinGirl profile image88
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

Egg beaters are a great substitute for regular eggs.  Also I love to snack on baby carrots - they take a while to eat and they have lots of beta carotene.

6. ocbill profile image77
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

Beware of the GMOs in some of these alternative foods. I like walnuts and almonds

1. PhoenixV profile image79
      PhoenixVposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like cashews and peanuts- I hope they are good for me.