jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Help! I don't know how to cook!

1. profile image0
    Kena Bladelposted 4 years ago

OK, I do cook something, but could anyone when commenting post some hubs links? Cookery for beginners, recipes of any type - desserts, main dishes, entries, anything! Need diversity! Thanks!

2. 2uesday profile image84
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Here is the link for the HubPages Quick and Easy Recipes you should find lots of good ideas there.

http://hubpages.com/topics/food-and-coo … cipes/1653

3. classicalgeek profile image88
    classicalgeekposted 4 years ago

Tons of cooking blogs out there, including mine on food science. (That is, a little bit of science goes a looooong way towards improving your recipes and diversifying them!) What can I say? My father was an industrial food chemist. smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is there a link to your food science blog, or the name of it, that I'm missing? I'd like to read it. smile

1. classicalgeek profile image88
        classicalgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's called Food, Face First (because I always put my face close to the plate to smell the food, and I see other people do it, too). I don't want to post the link because it will be denied as promotional. I also have one hub that should really be moved over there on formulas (not recipes) for cheesecake.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
          Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Found it, joined it!

4. RTalloni profile image85
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

My latest hub on cooking is about using recipes efficiently, but I think it is considered a no-no to post a link to our own hubs in forums.  I'll double check that and come back if I find out it's okay, otherwise you can find it on my profile page.

5. Novel Treasure profile image86
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

It's generally frowned upon to promote your hubs in the forums unless it's for the hub challenges and stuff like that. So that may be why most aren't posting direct links.

What you could do is post the name of your hub and then the people can click on your profile pic and find that hub. Just don't want anyone to get banned for promoting themselves by accident.

1. RTalloni profile image85
      RTalloniposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks much for noting this for us.  I wasn't even sure if I could post the title from my profile page, which is:

5 Important Tips for Using Recipes

2. 2uesday profile image84
      2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From what I have seen, I doubt you would be banned for it if you did it by mistake. You would probably get snipped - the link of course not you  smile

6. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Make a list of your favorite foods and dishes and start from there. It is not hard to find recipes once you decide on the foods that you like to eat. I like to make my recipes so they can be adapted to various diets, cultural differences and palates.

1. profile image0
      Kena Bladelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tomato! big_smile

7. beccacooling profile image80
    beccacoolingposted 4 years ago

Hi.  I have lots of recipe hubs that are simple and my family finds delicious.  Check my page out if you like.   http://beccacooling.hubpages.com/   Hope this helps a little.

Becca

1. profile image0
      Kena Bladelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for you time Becca, and thank you all! big_smile

working