jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A World without Twinkies?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

By Lylah M. Alphonse, Senior Editor, Yahoo! Shine | Shine Food
    With workers continuing to strike and the company threatening to close, Hostess snack cake lovers are forced to contemplate a world without Twinkies.
    The buttery, beloved snack cakes were first created in 1930 with basic, wholesome ingredients and a banana-cream filling. Over the years, in an effort to extend the snack cake's shelf life, the butter, eggs, and milk were replaced with chemicals and stabilizers; a banana shortage during World War II made vanilla the standard Twinkie filling flavor.

Many people I know would be devastated without their Twinkies. big_smile
    This article gives a recipe to make these at home.good luck
    http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/diy-t … 00297.html

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 3 years ago

Not seriously... neutral

I feel so sorry for all those people who don't think anything of slowly killing themselves with chemicals masquerading as 'food products'. If you want to live longer, drop the snacks and junk food, and live a healthy life, with those boring, but supremely tasty natural products like fresh fruits and vegetables.

You'll thank me later...

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't eat Twinkies...I was being facetious...tongue in cheek humor. I know many people who think ketchup is a vegetable. big_smile

3. jcales profile image73
    jcalesposted 3 years ago

at least twinkies aren't GMOs. I had a strange orange the other day from a supermarket.
    franken fruit is on the rise.

Oh no, dolly madison is part of hostess, no more zingers for the kids. No more wonder bread "as long as they are on strike".

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I just read that a Mexican company is looking to buy this company and continue making Twinkies.

5. jenniferrpovey profile image93
    jenniferrpoveyposted 3 years ago

A Mexican company called BIMBO BAKERIES.

Could I make that up?