jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hamburger Deluxe

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Name your favorite hamburger, your favorite hamburger place, and how far you would go for a nice, juicy hamburger?  Now, I am hungry, going to make a hamburger with pickes and top it off with gouda cheese and steak sauce.

2. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

Here's a whopping 2lb burger that a local bar does! It's home made and taste excellent! Far better than any fast food!

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do believe your whiskers have grown... big_smile

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I occasionally quench my taste for a juicy mushroom and swiss burger from Checker's.

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ummm, mushroom and real swiss, onions, pickles with the juice running down your arms.  If it's not messy it just isn't a good burger.  Ok now I'm hungry.

1. janshares profile image87
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha ha ha, yeah. Me, too. Glad to see you happy, Sarra :-)

4. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

When I was younger, I worked at Both Burger King and McDonalds.

McDonalds is designed more to be very practical, as they expect their food to be made and delivered fast. They have grilling machines that cook multiple burgers in a matter of a couple minutes, and have mechanical devices used to measure everything they put on your burger. It's more an assembly line than food perfection. Which is why they make so much money. Their costs are low, and their sales are in the millions. Every day.

I like the way Burger king does things better. The difference is, that Burger King only holds the meat on your sandwhich to keep it hot, and the rest is mainly made fresh, as you order it, while McDonalds will make burgers, put them in wrappers, and they sit in a warmer until someone buys them. Unless you ask for something special made. Burger King also is not stingy with their toppings, there is no machine to put the toppings on your sandwich. So, you can ultimately get as little or as much as you desire. I also find Burger kings toppings to be more fresh, and since they are dumped out of a machine, or measured, they usually rotate pretty quick, so it's mostly fresh, and it also has a throw out time.

My favorite Burger King Sandwich is the Whopper. I usually got mine with cheese, mayo, lettuce. tomato. ketchup and. pickles. No mustard or onions! I ask for that at Mcdonald's, and the look at me like I'm stupid. I want a Big Mac without the nasty dressing! Ok! Gee!

But, the ultimate burger place was Fudrukkers. They were the only place I knew of that had a burger bar. You would get a basic burger with cheese, and you told them how many toppings you wanted, and you made your burger yourself. They were kinda pricey though. If you put a lot of toppings on your burger, it could end up costing $5.00 just for the sandwich. But they were so worth it!

New to Michigan is Culver's, and their excellent butter burgers. I love Culver's. They also have a huge collection of build your own shakes. I go there for lunch, whenever I am in the city.