Gourmet Potatoes

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 3 years ago

Great produce is so important to me. I was overjoyed when I purchased some golden potatoes grown in the USA. It is March and most places here in the United States don't have fresh food so to find these exquisite potatoes I was thrilled.  They are called Klondike Gourmet made by Green Giant. I cannot wait to try them.

2. maddot profile image79
    maddotposted 3 years ago

Why don't you have fresh food in March? I understand you are coming out of winter but surely the climate in many parts of the USA is more temperate and able to grow vegetables and fruit during the colder months? Some vegetables and fruit  will only grow in cold weather. What seems to be the problem?
    Regarding imported "fresh food" i imagine many people feel annoyed when they see produce coming in from other countries knowing their own farmers are able to supply the same produce.
    We get that here in Australia. Some big chain supermarkets  buy in oranges from California and garlic from China (which is just horrible - no taste); I don't know why becasue we grow lots of oranges and garlic (which is  very tasty) here and secondly the thought of an orange travelling all those kilometres by place  puts me off  - it can't be fresh, plus by the time the orange gets to my plate it's tasteless.
    I hope you enjoy your potatoes with lots of  locally produced  creamy butter, salt and pepper!