Little Known Facts About Pizza

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

Little Known Facts About Pizza

The very first Pizza's were made by the Greeks not the Italians. The first commercial pizza's were developed by the Italians in the early 1800's. The world's very first pizza shop was opened in Naples Italy. If you've never been to Chicago or New York then you've never tasted real delicious pizza. That stuff that Domino's or Pizza Hut serves isn't real pizza. It's fast food served to hungry people who don't know any better.

And those first pizzas served in Italy did not have cheese or tomatoes. Those were added in 1889 by Chef Raffaele Esposito and were made for Queen Margherita. This resulted in a pizza still served today and called Margherita Pizza which contains cheese, tomato sauce and basil. Those colors incidentally represented the colors of the flag of Italy.

Americans eat more pizza on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year. In case your wondering Chicken Wings come in second. Anchovies is the most requested topping that a lot of pizza shops don't carry. In case you've never tried it anchovies are delicious on pizza.

Pepperoni is the most popular topping for pizza in the United States. In some parts of the United States barbecued chicken is becoming a very popular topping.

96 percent of Americans eat pizza at least once a month. 57 percent eat it at least once a week. While 23 percent claim to eat it every day. It is quickly becoming one of the most popular snack foods in America. It is now becoming more and more popular to sell it by the slice.

Saturday night is the most popular night for eating pizza in the United States.

The world's largest pizza was built in 1987 in Havana Florida. It was over 10.000 square feet and weighed an amazing 44.000 pounds.

And now you may just know a little bit more about Pizza than you did. I hope there is a delicious pizza in your future real soon. If you ever visit Chicago be sure to try a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza or if your in New York grab a slice from a street vender. I think you'll see the difference in a hurry compared to the pizza served back home. I hope you enjoyed this. Have a nice day and if you have some pizza facts be sure to share them with us all.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image86

In case your wondering there is what a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza looks like.

Pizzeria Uno which opened in Chicago in 1943 was where the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza was born. You can now find the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza being served all over Chicago and in other cities also. It is oh so delicious.

3. crazyhorsesghost profile image86

And there for you are some slices of New York Style Pizza as served from a street vender.

The first pizza shop in the United States opened in New York's Little Italy in 1905 and the rest is history.

I hope you've learned something about pizza that you didn't know. Man now I want some pizza.