jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Cooking Salmon

1. allisonlawrence profile image85
    allisonlawrenceposted 3 years ago

I have some frozen salmon and have never cooked salmon before. What are some favorite recipes or styles for cooking it? I have also heard that it can be a little bit more tricky. How do you not overcook it? I'd appreciate any tips!

1. renegadetory profile image94
      renegadetoryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hate frozen salmon, but as far as I know you can cook it like fresh?
      I cook salmon fillets in our toaster oven at 375  for about 13 minutes and I spread Dijon mustard on top of them before popping them in the oven.

You can cook them on a pan on the stove, you can poach them in wine and soup stock... it just depends on your taste preferences. 

I used to use a thermometer to make sure I didn't overcook salmon, but after eating salmon for years, I know when they are done.  If the fillets you have are on the thinner side, it will take less time to cook than a thicker fillet.

2. Carb Diva profile image88
    Carb Divaposted 3 years ago

My recipe "Hazelnut-Crusted Salmon" keeps salmon very moist.

3. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

I am cooking salmon on cedar planks right now and the smell is making me dizzy... not in a good way. Has anyone ever cooked on cedar planks before... and lived to tell about it?

1. JG11Bravo profile image92
      JG11Bravoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's worth it, Beth, trust me.  That cedar flavor is absolutely glorious.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You're right, everyone loved it. I think I have a cedar allergy. I almost passed out.