Pulled Pork Sandwiches From The Crock Pot
Ingredients For Your Pulled Pork Sandwiches From The Crock Pot
1. One Tablespoon Ground Sea Salt.
2. One Tablespoon Onion Powder.
3. One Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper.
4. One Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
5. Two Tablespoons Chili Powder.
6. Five Pound Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast.
Mix all your dry ingredients together and rub them into your pork roast. You will need a large six quart or larger slow cooker or crock pot.
But first put your spice rubbed pork roast into a large zip lock bag and put it into the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Now after four hours put the pork roast into the crock pot or slow cooker.
Turn on the slow cooker or crock pot and add one cup of East Carolina Peppery Vinegar Sauce to the crock pot but no more. Set it on low and cook for ten hours.
East Carolina Peppery Vinegar Sauce
1. One Quart Apple Cider Vinegar.
2. One Tablespoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper.
3. One Tablespoon Ground Sea Salt.
4. One Tablespoon Black Pepper.
You can keep the extra in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to six months.
Make the below Western Carolina Barbecue Sauce to go on your sandwiches.
Ingredients For Western Carolina Barbecue Sauce
1. One And One Half Cups Apple Cider Vinegar.
2. One Third Cup Light Brown Sugar.
3. One Fourth Cup Ketchup.
4. One Tablespoon Hot Sauce.
5. One Teaspoon Sea Salt.
6. One Teaspoon Onion Powder.
7. One Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
8. One Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce.
Mix all your ingredients in a sauce pan and almost bring to a boil. Turn down low to a simmer and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. Cover and chill until your ready to use.
When your pork roast is cooked drain away any liquid and then take the cooled pork roast out and shred it with a couple of forks and return it to the crock pot. Put it back in the crock pot and pour a cup of the Western Carolina Barbecue Sauce in the crock pot with the meat. Stir to mix well and turn on the lowest setting to keep warm.
Heat your buns and when ready to serve put a large cooks spoon on each bun. You'll have wonderful pulled pork sandwiches that everyone will love.
You can serve your favorite cole slaw on the sandwiches, hushpuppies and french fries. Its up to you what you serve with your pulled pork sandwiches.
This is truly one of the best pulled pork recipes for the crock pot that I've ever had. If you make the recipe please come back and tell us how it turns out.
Please Feel Free To Post Your Comments, Tips, Or Suggestions
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.