I want to eat food I enjoy and not get fat. Is it possible?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Sundeep Kataria profile image62
    Sundeep Katariaposted 9 years ago

I want to eat the food which I enjoy and as much as I want to...without getting fat.
    Is it possible?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That depends on what food your do or could enjoy eating, how much you exercise and your state of health.

2. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most people with a high metabolic rate can eat almost anything without fear of gaining weight. However, the trick is to eat in small quantities up to six times per day, instead of the usual three large meals. These small portions help to naturally speed up the metabolism because they burn off faster and the body requires more fuel than they offer.

It also helps to keep active and incorporate lots of water and fiber into the diet. Make sure you do eat foods that will benefit your health and try not to eat late at night, and if you have to, then have clean protein or complex carbs. Try not to eat high sugar foods or fruits at night.

If you are already overweight, then a lifestyle change is in order to lose the weight and then you try to maintain it once you've lost it.
      Try breaking up your meals into tiny quantities. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner should be able to fit on a saucer and your in between snacks in the palm of one hand.

You can eat the foods you love but administer portion control.

Source: Certified Nutrition Consultant and Personal Trainer

3. darrensurrey profile image61
      darrensurreyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's certainly possible to eat what you want but not as much as you want. If it was, you wouldn't see fat people.

I pretty much eat what I want but I restrict the quantities. I did once cut out crisps but I now eat crisps everyday and I look better than I ever did!

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

Your taste buds acclimate when you change your diet.  When you stop drinking soda and start eating more fruits and veggies, your body automatically craves that.  Also, I eat high off the hog giant portions of salads, potato bakes with onions, and broccoli with soy chorizo, and I have lost almost thirty pounds in six months.  I stopped eating bread and now eat potatoes or rice in place of that, which helped me.  I think people have to find what works best for them, but I have always been active with walking and biking.  You do not have to eat like a bird to lose weight, and eating lots of fruits and veggies has been key for me.

1. Cardisa profile image87

I think what the OP is saying is that he wants to continue eating the foods he enjoys without worry of gaining weight, not to go on a diet.

If a person enjoys cheesecake, I'd never tell them they cannot eat it or replace it with fruits. I usually find that when people force themselves to change their eating habits, they tend to binge once the craving comes back. So what I usually do is allow them tiny portions of the foods the enjoy so they don't have to crave it while incorporating healthier foods.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

See the thing is for years people tell us are taste buds cannot change, but I just stopped subscribing to that way of thinking.  I liked baked good growing up, but I also realized I ate many fruits and veggies, and thus never needed copious amounts of desserts like cheese cakes or chocolate brownies.  I feel like society frowns upon people with large appetites, but I realized that when I was younger I ate a lot, but my weight was lower because of the type of foods I was eating.  Back in the day I was not drinking soda, or coffee with large amounts of sugar in it.  Active people do have large appetites, and we do not need to take shame in this.

I am still a foodie, but taking bread out of the equation has helped me tremendously.  Eating more salads like I used to has also help.  Eschewing the popular condemnation of carbs has also been very instrumental in my weight loss because I realized my body likes carbs, but it was the types of carbs I was eating.

Also, I never did like soda the way the sugar mislead me, but I like the fizzy component, so I started drinking sparkly water.

There are some fruits out there like fresh pineapple and mango, which taste phenomenally better than cheesecake, so I guess that is my take on that.  I am going against the grain of the anti-carb club, and realizing that since I am active I can eat potatoes, and lose weight.  I am maintaining, so I was just sharing what works for me.  The foodie in me is inspiration for creating new potato bakes each week.

1. Cardisa profile image87

You see, you have a different lifestyle than many other people. You grew up liking certain foods like fruits and vegetables and you went right back to that.

Active people should eat a lot because they need more fuel.

I remember about six years ago while I was under a lot of stress I gained a few pounds. I decided to go on a low carb diet. At the time I was teaching aerobics and doing weights training. I started grinding my teeth and having this tremor inside. Inside my stomach would also feel quite hollow and I felt light headed most of the time. Very soon I realized that as an active person I needed  my carbs so I went back to eating my regular food, took care of the stress and lost the weight without dieting.

Many people want to lose weight but they don't want to exercise or eat any differently than they are used to. I have had people come to me asking me to help them lose weigh but they don't want to do any kind of cardio exercises. They want to do just abdominals..,...lol and they don't want to change their eating habits either.

3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

I am glad you can help others eat more healthy.  I think it is sad we live in a society where moving around is so discouraged.  I wish walking and biking were more popular, but I am glad I live in a city where it is bit more encouraged.  I am also glad I stopped eating bread, and certain sugary carbs that were not good for me.

4. wolvesfitness profile image60
    wolvesfitnessposted 9 years ago

Of course its possible if you exercise 4 times a week you should balance out the bad calories with the exercise.

But really you want to cut out the junk food and eat a balanced health diet and regular exercise.

5. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Do you enjoy alfalfa and water? Then you're in luck! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)