jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

When it comes to hamburgers, what is your favorite and why?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 2 years ago

I have 3 favorites: Bob's Big Boy in Los Angeles because of the nostalgia of car hop service, Frisko Freeze in Tacoma, WA where I'd go on payday during my college years, and In N Out  because the freshly made burgers are sheer perfection! How about you? What are your parameters?

1. Sed-me profile image81
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I feel that I will bring down the wrath of every Californian on this forum, but I have never understood the lure of In n Out Burgers. Ive had them once or twice and they were... fine. Sonic is fine too. I feel like I'm missing something.

cat on a soapboxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Food likes are really personal, so I'm not going to be an In N Out snob smile  Some are better than others; however, the one I prefer which is just 4 blocks from home makes consistently perfect burgers: the buns are toasted just right, the meat is juicy and full of flavor, the onions are grilled, and the lettuce is cool and crisp. I only eat burgers 2-3 times per month, so I stay w/ my faves.

1. Sed-me profile image81
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If I ever get a real live (dead) hamburger, I get a western one with bbq sauce and onion rings.

Never had a BBQ burger except homemade. I mix the sauce in with the meat before making patties. It keeps the meat moist during grilling. Love the onion rings!

2. Genna East profile image86
    Genna Eastposted 2 years ago

Ohhh...I wish my parameters were more limited.  I love a good a burger, gosh darn it!   They are my nemesis because they aren't good for me.  I now treat myself to one about 1-2 times each month.  (It used to be more frequent.)  Any place that serves a killer mushroom swiss burger has my number. :-)  Cool forum, by the way.

Swiss and mushrooms sounds great! I have to limit myself too and often leave off the cheese. My old fave had avocado, bacon, and a little blue cheese dressing- talk about calories!

working