jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Crock Pot Apple Butter Recipe, So Very Delicious

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image85
    crazyhorsesghostposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11921192.jpg
    Here is a recipe that I'm sure everyone will love. Its Crock Pot Apple Butter and I love to make it out of Granny Smith Apples. You can use other types of apples but Granny Smith Apples will produce the best flavor of any apples.

1. 7 Cups Peeled And Diced Granny Smith Apples
    2. 2 Cups Apple Cider
    3. 1 1/2 Cups Honey
    4. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.
    5. 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves.
    6. 1/2 Teaspoon Ground All Spice.
    7. Pinch Of Ground Nutmeg

In a large crock pot or slow cooker mix all the ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 12 - 14 hours, or until the mixture is a deep golden brown.

Pack while hot into 4 hot pint jars. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, counting from the time the jars are immersed and the water comes to a full boil.

I just love this homemade Crock Pot Apple Butter and it is absolutely wonderful on raisin bread toast.

With apples getting ripe right now around the world now is the time to make your own wonderfully delicious Crock Pot Apple Butter.

If you make this please come back and tell us all how it turns out for you. Have you ever made something like homemade apple butter? This is a really easy recipe and its really easy to make.

1. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Fall is the best time on earth. This looks wonderful. I tried to make jam/jelly once. I don't think I did it right. The crock pot part looks easy, but the whole boiling the jars so they will seal part scares me. I'm afraid I wont do it right. Maybe we will just have to eat it all in 4 days.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image85
    crazyhorsesghostposted 2 years ago

Sed-me you don't have to process the jars if you would rather not. You can make it and freeze part of it and put the other half in the refrigerator. I do it both ways. I hope you get to try it.

1. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

OH!!! Good to know, thanks!

working