jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Images . What's best?

1. SusannaDuffy profile image85
    SusannaDuffyposted 22 months ago

What do you think -

1. a large image displaying the finished recipe at the very start of the hub or
    2. the usual text capsule and the image to the right of it

1. Adventuretravels profile image84
      Adventuretravelsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I really like the large one at the very start as long as the image is beautiful. Sometimes large images of food don't work. It's a tricky thing to get right. The food can look dull and colorless. Bright crisp food on white dishes that are well lit look best.

2. SusannaDuffy profile image85
    SusannaDuffyposted 22 months ago

So we don't know if it's a good idea or not? I haven't seen any recipe hubs laid out like this, I suppose the best thing to do is just try it smile

I understand about the images being good quality, these days I sell photos of my food

1. Dreamworker profile image93
      Dreamworkerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

You have to be very careful about placement so that you make sure the photo does not cover the area above the fold.  Google want that space for advertisers, and if you block it with a photo, you could have problems.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
        DzyMsLizzyposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The problem I see with that particular instruction is this:
        We are not an actual newspaper; we have no idea where that "fold" actually is located on the page.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago

I would suggest short intro text first and then a large picture of the end result.

4. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 21 months ago

I´ve had good success with starting my recipe hubs with a large photo of the finished product. It gets the attention of the reader and motivates them to try the recipe.