jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)

I have tried Googling this but they do not seem to understand.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image81
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

I am searching for coffee at home - since I cannot buy it - and asking whether there is a homemade alternative.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand your question. Do you want to buy coffee online? I'm not sure what you're saying.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Kevin, are you looking for a coffee alternative you can make yourself at home?  If so, check out the following link for ideas:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12377/5- … offee.html

The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Phyllis but I am not trying to quit, that is easy for me. I bought it in the store and will not have money to buy it soon. So I wondered whether or not I was able to make it at home with my own ingredients.

3. Rachel L Alba profile image85
      Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Phyllis was right about getting free samples on the internet.  The store manager might look down on you collecting the overspill at the coffee grinders.

I have never seen grinders in my store (Publix) but I will not be needing them now anyway. I left a post at the bottom explaining it.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image81

I apologize for not making it clear janesix.
    I do not have money to buy coffee and want to know whether it can be made at home without beans.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Coffee is made from coffee beans, so... I still struggle to know what you are asking.  You have to have coffee to make coffee.

So I could only grow the coffee beans at home myself? How long does that take?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In most climates it would be pretty much impossible.

Thank you. I already drink several variations of teas and I drink chocolate. I ave to think of something else.

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 2 years ago

I just buy the really cheap store-brand stuff. It's not the best, but it has caffeine and keeps me going.

It usually cost five or six dollars a can,and lasts for a couple weeks.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Hang around the coffee grinder in your store and collect the spilled grounds in an envelope. Or - http://www.freecoffeesite.com/request.htm

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

There are several 'free coffee samples' on the internet.

Thank you Phyllis, I will look for them. :-)

7. Dressage Husband profile image78
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

Growing coffee at home is pretty much impossible as it likes high mountains and the correct climate hence Columbia, Peru, Brazil, Kenya, Tanzania etc. Unless you live in one of these places growing it is pretty much out as the altitude as well as climate are necessary for success. High mountain coffee is the best.

The suggestion to look for free samples on the internet looks like your best bet to me. Maybe you could try working for a local coffee roasting company if you have one near your home and then be able to buy some at a discount?

Try looking for coffee alternatives on Google or try this coffee-break.hubpages.com/hub/best-5-healthy-alternatives-to-coffee-cafix-vs-pero-vs-other-coffee-substitutes

8. The Examiner-1 profile image81

I will be able to purchase food again. Please ignore this forum.

Well that's good. Although you never mentioned anything about not being able to purchase food.

That is why I was trying to make it at home in the first place. I thought it was in my question - or one of the explanations of the question. Let me check.

In the question maybe it was not too clear, "...I said I cannot buy it...". In one of  my explanations I replied, "...I will not have money...", & "...I do not have money...".

Coffee isn't food.

It is under food stamps.

9. Ivan Morales profile image61
    Ivan Moralesposted 2 years ago

The coffee can only be made with the seed of the plant that carries the name. There is no such ingredients different from that. You have to collect the seeds take the nuts out of the shells and let them dry to the sun, after that you toast all the nuts and finally grind them. That is the process to make the coffee and believe me it might be some synthetic powders that taste like coffee but if you are no chemical expert and have your own lab it will be better to take an alternative not coffee.

My best regards from Colombia.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

It's more than food. It's life and sanity itself.

working