jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Is a hot dog considered a sandwich?

1. Fritz Isaacs profile image73
    Fritz Isaacsposted 17 months ago

This question has been bothering me for a while and has gotten me into some heated debates. Is a hot dog a sandwich? If a hot dog is a sandwich, wouldn't a taco or a quesadilla also be classified as a sandwich? Please explain your position on why you believe these food items are or are not sandwiches.

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 17 months ago in reply to this

This is a great question.  I'd categorize hotdogs and pita wraps as sandwiches, but have to think more about quesadillas and tacos, depends on the tortilla and filling.

Would you consider a pizza folded in half or a calzone a sandwich?

1. Fritz Isaacs profile image73
        Fritz Isaacsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

If hot dogs and pita wraps are sandwiches, I would consider tacos and quesadillas sandwiches. I don't see much of a difference between these. They all have a bread type wrap, filled with meat, toppings and condiments. The thing is I would never call a hot dog, taco, quesadilla or a wrap a sandwich. I would not consider a folded slice of pizza or a calzone a sandwich. A folded piece of pizza is just a folded piece of pizza. A calzone is a calzone. I would not consider a pupusa a sandwich, which is essentially a Salvadorian calzone. Maybe a calzone could be called a Italian pupusa?

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
          calculus-geometryposted 17 months ago in reply to this

where do Lunchables fall on the various sandwich spectra?

2. 61
      nexizizuposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Deleted

working