Favourite sandwich filling?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (46 posts)
  1. ChrisSnil profile image62
    ChrisSnilposted 14 years ago

Whether you prefer to use bread, tortilla wraps or even croissants, what is your favourite sandwich filling? They can be hot, cold or even both smile

As a Brit I'm inclined to say my favourite is a bacon sandwich with tomato sauce, but hot chicken wraps with a crisp salad are also delicious - particularly if you've made them yourself smile

So, what are your favourite sandwich combinations?

1. Miss M profile image60
      Miss Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like prawn mayonnaise on brown bread. I also like a processed cheese and salami toastie!

2. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Corned Beef smile I'm a Rueben fan!

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds good...right about now! (Lunchtime for me...)

3. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

Pineapple cream cheese sandwich.

4. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

basil, tomato, and mozzarella on a toasty baguette! with a little balsamic vinegar smile

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image64
      Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

^^^YUM!

I'm been eating Arnold's Select Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins (only 100 calories each). I love adding onions sauteed in wine, fresh spinach, and Havarti Cheese. For a fuller meal I'll add a veggie burger (I'm not a Vegetarian, but I don't usually eat meat at home).

5. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 14 years ago

BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) on toast.  Preferably home grown lettuce and tomatoes. Yummmmm! Counting down the days until the local veggie/fruit stand opens.  cool

6. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Cheddar, pickle and toms on brown bread.

1. profile image47
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really love tuna specially when its with hot bread.

1. sunstreeks profile image80
        sunstreeksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tuna for me too. Not hot but mixed with mayo and pickles smile

7. John D Lee profile image85
    John D Leeposted 14 years ago

Dry cured Italian salami, juicy tomato slices, lettuce and mayo on good crusty sourdough bread  - this is my on-death-row, last meal kind of meal!

8. ChrisSnil profile image62
    ChrisSnilposted 14 years ago

Some delicious suggestions coming through again, keep 'em coming smile

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Babies lol

10. gr8archer45 profile image66
    gr8archer45posted 14 years ago

grilled chicken with spicy sauce, mayo, cheese, tomatoes & tangy jalapeno peppers, When m out of supplies a boiled egg & tomato with a dollop of mayo, sandwich does great with lots of freshly ground black pepper!!

11. GreenMango profile image60
    GreenMangoposted 14 years ago

tuna, with tomatoes and grilled chicken.

12. Betsy Baywatch profile image61
    Betsy Baywatchposted 14 years ago

butter...smoked salmon slices...freshly ground black pepper..red onion rings topped with and a sprig of fennel.

13. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

A tuna melt - tuna (only authentic Genoa Tonno packed in olive oil), Mayo (Hellmans, of course) and pickle relish mixed and spread on rye toast, topped with American or Swiss cheese and then popped under the broiler until the cheese melts. YUM!

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

When I visited New Orleans I fell in love with the muffuletta sandwich and the olive paste in it.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats sooo yummy!! I made them for a bridal shwoer, then never got to go, I was so dissapointed I didnt get to eat my snadwiches.  sad

15. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Gruyere cheese.  The rest is just details.

16. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Avocado that is mashed with salt, pepper and garlic.  Spread over whole grain bread with sun ripe tomato slices.

17. sweigand profile image60
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

I love roast beef with avocados!

18. onthewriteside profile image60
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

deli rye stacked with thinly sliced corned beef, ham and turkey, then add a slice of cheddar cheese.  then top it off with thinly sliced hard salami and chipped ham.  add lettuce, pickles, banana pepper slices, mayo and Italian dressing.  pop the top on and enjoy!

Don't plan on donating plasma for a couple of days though!  Your blood will plug up the filters and it will take forever!

19. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

i LOVE fluff!!

20. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

My mom has been making these ever since I can remember -

Vegetarian Ruben Sandwiches (MUCH better than corned beef, imo!)

Rye or Sour Dough Bread (I prefer Sour Dough)
    Thin slices of avocado
    sauerkraut
    swiss cheese (I hate swiss cheese so I leave it off)
    Thousand Island Dressing

Grill on a panini grill or in a pan.

YUM!

21. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

garden-fresh, (preferably my own) vine-ripened  tomatoes on fresh bread (homemade, of course), butter (not marg), salt & pepper - heaven big_smile

barring that, chicken salad wrap
    also yum smile

22. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I never met a sandwich I din't like...from NY deli sandwiches to New Orleans Muffuleta/Crawfish Po-Boys to a Texas Sliced Beef Bar B-Q sandwich. Italian Salami, Roast Beef, Corned beef Rueben, and even Chopped Liver with Golden Spicy mustard on Jewish rye/Honey Wheat. Heck...my Grandma use to to make this Ground Balogna Spread that I could eat my weight in...when I was a kid. Yeah...Well Done, Earl of Sandwich...you are by far...the greatest inventor of all time!

On a Side Note...the sides to a sandwich are very important.
    Potato Salad with Deli and Texas Bar BQ sandwiches...is essential. Potato Chips with Po-Boys...and Homemade sandwiches. All Deli and Homemade sandwiches MUST be accompanied by an Ice Cold Kosher Dill Pickle Spear. It is a requirement.

And For Drinks with your basic sandwich: Anything from Louisiana in sandwich form goes good with Ice Cold Beer or Iced Tea. That goes for Texas Bar BQ sandwiches, as well. (Also...any Italian Sandwich...emphasis on a cold beer...preferably one from Italy!) For that sandwhich around the house...Soda Pop! Either Orange Soda or Dr. Pepper. I think I'm going to go make me a sandwich...right now! Great Topic...Got Carried Away!

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you forgot cole slaw with shredded beef or pulled pork sandwiches.yummy...

23. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Peanut butter, plain and simple.

24. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Ya' know your right...I did forget the coleslaw...it's a must for the sandwiches you mentioned. It's also good on top of a Chopped Liver Deli sandwich! (Also...good with fried chicken and/or fried catfish...but that's another topic for another day.)

25. 2patricias profile image61
    2patriciasposted 14 years ago

Pat says pickles improve almost any sandwich (except possibly honey).
    Tricia says yuck to pickles.

26. profile image56
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

Roast beef, swiss cheese, and horseradish...all washed down with a nice cold beer.  Yum.

27. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Lean sliced brisket on a club roll w/russian dressing and coleslaw - yummy!!!

28. Bob Ewing profile image64
    Bob Ewingposted 14 years ago

crunchy peanut butter, romaine lettuce and extra old cheddar cheese

29. Dakotadjones profile image58
    Dakotadjonesposted 14 years ago

bananananannans and peanut butter ftw

30. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Pork, applesauce, thick crusty bread.

Turkey, Brie cheese,cranberry sauce. smile

31. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Bacon, lettuce and tomato

32. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 14 years ago

I am definitely a chicken salad fan. I have never been a big sandwich fan, but chicken salad sandwiches are amazing! Especially on a croissant!

33. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Whatever the cold-cut, I prefer evreything Boar's Head.  My all-time favorite is one of the two:

Cooked Ham with Swiss and spicy brown mustard

Cooked Ham with horseradish cheddar

34. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.lovemarks.com/media/image/vegemite_html.jpg

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Aussies will luv ya !

1. manlypoetryman profile image81

What is that stuff exactly. Looks a little bit covered up in those medicine bottles!

2. manlypoetryman profile image81

(80'S Group)Men at Work: Land Down Under : "He just smiled...and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...." Never knew what that was?

http://www.zeelandnet.nl/weblog/data/youtube/item_images/img_12037065623064.jpg

35. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

peanut butter and grape jelly is my fav (with a big glass of milk)
    also like rueben's and blt's (but with mustard, not mayo)

36. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

When I'm feeling hungry and I need a quick snack, peanut butter on a sandwich or toast does the trick.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)